|2017 №02 (04)||DOI of Article
|2017 №02 (06)|
Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #2, 2017, pp. 25-30
Influence of parameters of ultrasonic mechanical oscillations on the structure and mechanical properties of weld metal in laser welding of ferritic steels
Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University 29 Politekhnicheskaya Str., 195251, St. Petersburg, Russian Federation. Е-mail: email@example.com
The problems of welding pool control in welding of ferrite stainless steels were considered. A comparative analysis of the works in the field of effect of ultrasonic and vibration oscillations on the weld was carried out. The results of preliminary experimental and metallographic examinations of specimens of joints produced by laser welding with additional ultrasonic effect on welding pool were reflected. The effect of positioning of clamps and the source of ultrasonic waves relative to the butt interface on the character of oscillations arising in it was studied. The most favorable frequencies and amplitudes of oscillations for generation of oscillations in the butt area were determined. The results on influence of the material thickness on the oscillations arising in it were obtained, which can exert an effect on stability and cooling rate of welding pool and, as a result, on the microstructure of weld metal. 11 Ref., 1 Table, 5 Figures.
Keywords: laser welding, ultrasonic waves, ferrite stainless steels, welding pool, microstructure
- Zaripov, M.Z. et al. (2010) Investigation of effect of vibration oscillations during welding on properties of 12Kh18N10Tsteel welded joints of oil-and-gas equipment. Neftegazovoe Delo, 2, 1–12.
- Karpov, A.L. et al. (2005) Increase in production quality of welded petrochemical apparatuses by vibration treatment during welding. Bashkirsky Khimichesky Zh., 12(1), 27–29.
- Karetnikov, D.V. et al. (2012) Manufacturing technology upgrading of welded sheets of vessels for oil and gas refining. Oil and Gas Business, 4, 490–500.
- Henrike, A., Banasik, R., Henkel, K.-M. (2015) Increase in viscosity of melt by vibration: Report of DVS (Sci. Congress, Nuremberg).
- Watanabe, T. (2010) Improvement of mechanical properties of ferritic stainless steel weld metal by ultrasonic vibration. of Materials Proc. Technology, Issue 12, 1646–1651.
- Venkannah, S., Mazumder, J. (2009) Changes in laser weld bead geometry with the application of ultrasonic vibrations. In: of the World Congress on Engineering (July 1–3, 2009, London, U.K.), 2009, Vol. 2.
- Venkannah, S., Mazumder, J. (2011) Effects of ultrasound on the weld bead surface of high carbon steel sheets. of Mechanics Engin. and Automation, Issue 1, 87–99.
- Orishich, A.M. (2010) Laser conversion of welding. Nauka iz Pervykh Ruk, 32(2), 18-19.
- Nikolaev, G.A. Welding in machine building: Refer. Book, Vol. 1, 375–376.
- Bannikov, E.A., Kovalev, N.A. (2009) Welding works. Modern equipment and technology. Moscow: Astrel.
- BS EN 10088-1:2005: Stainless steels. Pt 1: List of stainless steels. Standards Policy and Strategy Committee.