|2018 №08 (02)||
DOI of Article
|2018 №08 (04)|
Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), #8, 2018, pp. 15-24
Complex for investigation of arc welding processes
Yu.N. Saraev1, A.G. Lunev1, A.S. Kiselev2, A.S. Gordynets2, M.V. Trigub3
1Institute of Strength Physics and Materials Science of SB RAS, 2/4 Akademicheskaya Ave., 634055, Tomsk, Russia. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2National Research Tomsk Polytechnic University, 30 Lenin Ave., 634004, Tomsk, E-mail:email@example.com
3V.E. Zuev Institute of Atmospheric Optics of SB RAS 1, Acad. Zuev sq., 634055 Tomsk, Russia. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The work presents the results of development and manufacture of a unique research complex for investigation of fast processes of heat-mass transfer in consumable electrode arc welding. Advantages of the developed complex over the traditionally applied ones using film and video cameras with shadow principle of registration of heat and mass transfer characteristics are shown. Fast processes were studied with application of high-speed video recording with illumination of the arc gap by Cu-Br laser beam, improving visualization of the studied object — the process of melting and transfer of each drop of molten metal under the conditions of intensive light of the electric arc. The paper contains explanatory diagrams, control algorithms, video frames of a separate welding microcycle, examples of oscillogram recording and graphical representations of changes in their quantitative values. 13 Ref., 1 Tabl., 14 Fig.
Keywords: welding, surfacing, video filming, melting, heat-mass transfer, laser, control, stability, electric arc, consumable electrode welding
1. Karkhin, V.A. (2015) Thermal processes in welding. 2nd Ed. St.-Petersburg, Politekhn. Un-t [in Russian].
2. Paton, B.E., Maksimov, S.Yu., Sidoruk, V.S., Saraev, Yu.N. (2014) To problem of arc self-regulation in consumable electrode welding. Proizvodstvo, 12, 3–11 [in Russian].
3. Saraev, Y.N., Bezborodov, V.P., Gladkovsky, S.V., Golikov, N.I. (2016) The ways of reliability enhancement of welded metal structures for critical applications in the conditions of low climatic temperatures. AIP Conf. Proc., 1783, 020195. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.4966489
4. Saraev, Y.N. (2011) Adaptive pulse technological processes of welding and pad weld is a new high-performance method of obtaining of permanent joints of high-strength steels. World J. Engineering, Special Issue, 8, 989.
5. Saraev, Yu.N. (2002) Adaptive pulsed-arc mechanized welding methods in construction of main pipelines. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, Proizvodstvo, 1, 4–7 [in Russian].
6. Saraev, Yu.N. (2010) Substantiation of concept of safety improvement and survivability of technical systems operated in the regions of Siberia and Extreme North, based on application of pulsed welding technologies. Tyazholoe Mashinostroenie, 8, 14–19 [in Russian].
7. Saraev, Yu.N., Bezborodov, V.P., Gladkovsky, S.V., Golikov, N.A. (2016) Study of properties of manganese steel welded joints produced by low-frequency pulsed arc welding. Deformatsiya i Razrushenie, 1, 36–41 [in Russian].
8. Saraev, Yu.N. (1988) Control of electrode metal transfer in CO2-welding with short circuit of arc gap (Review). Svarka, 12, 16–23 [in Russian].
9. Yermachenko, V.M., Kuznetsov, A.P., Petrovskiy, V.N. et al. (2011) Specific features of the welding of metals by radiation of high-power fiber laser. Laser Physics, 21(8), 1530–1537. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1054660X11160043
10. Dimaki, V.A., Sukhanov, V.B., Troitskiy, V.O., Filonov, A.G. (2012) Stabilized laser on copper bromide with automated operation modes having average generation power of 20 W. Pribory i Tekhnika Eksperimenta, 6, 95–99 [in Russian].
11. Saraev, Yu.N. (2017) Exploratory research of reliability improvement of critical metal structures, operated under extreme load conditions and low climatic temperatures. In: High technologies in the projects of RSF. Siberia. Ed. by S.G. Psakhie et al. Tomsk, NTL, 134–202 [in Russian].
12. Saraev, Yu.N., Lunev, A.G., Kiselev, A.S. et al. (2018) Investigation of effect of energy parameters of coated electrode arc welding on stability of heat- and mass transfer. Proizvodstvo, 2, 3–13 [in Russian].
13. Dilthey, U., Stein, L., Woeste, K., Reich, F. (2003) Latest developments and trends in high-efficient welding technologies. The Paton Welding J., 10-11, 146–152.