|2018 №01 (04)||DOI of Article
|2018 №01 (06)|
Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #1, 2018, pp. 34-41
Application of the technology of acoustic emission monitoring at evaluation of the condition of vessels in chemical production
A. Ya. Nedoseka, S. A. Nedoseka, M. A. Yaremenko, M. A. Ovsienko
E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine 11 Kazimir Malevich str., 03150, Kiev. E-mail: email@example.com
The paper deals with the results of in-service testing conducted by acoustic emission method of 103-D type reactor, applied in ammonia production, It is shown that areas with defect concentration have formed in the vessel by the moment of testing. It is noted that furtheron these areas can accumulate propagating defects, which will present a certain hazard, classified by the scale of predictive algorithm of the testing equipment. In view of that continuous monitoring and periodical evaluation of residual life are recommended for such structures. 12 References, 1 Table, 9 Figures.
Keywords: acoustic emission, 103-D reactor, propagating defects, continuous monitoring, residual life
- Nedoseka, A.Ya. (2008) Fundamentals of calculation and diagnostics of welded structures. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Kyiv, Indprom (in Russian].
- (2003) DSTU 4227-2003: Recommendations on performance of acoustic emission diagnostics of higher risk facilities. Derzhstandart Ukrainu [in Ukrainian].
- (2006) SOU 50.07-2006: Procedural recommendations on acoustic emission diagnostics of equipment of main productions of chemical, petrochemical and oil and gas processing industry. General requirements. TK-78, Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- (2012) SOU 50.10-2012: Recommendations on design and implementation of acoustic emission systems of control, diagnostics and monitoring of higher risk facilities. TK-78, Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Nedoseka. A.Ya. (2007) Forecasting the fracture by the data of acoustic emission. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 2, 3-9 [in Russian].
- Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A., Ovsienko, M. A. et al. (2016) Testing of pressure vessels by an international expert team. Ibid., 3, 3-11 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2016.03.01
- (2015) 68th Annual Assembly of International Institute of Welding IIW2015. Helsinki, Finland. Ibid., 4, 58.
- Nedoseka, S.A. (1998) Causes of damage initiation and residual life of damage section material of Dashava-Kiev pipeline. Ibid., 1, 38-49 [in Russian].
- Nedoseka, S.A., Nedoseka, A.Ya. (2010) Integrated assessment of damage level and residual life of metals with certain operating life. Ibid., 1, 9-16 [in Russian].
- Vasyliev, O.S., Gruzd, A.A., Jolkin, A.O. et al. (2012) Ten years of experience of implementation of continuous acoustic emission monitoring of ammonia storages of Odessa Port Plant. Khimichna Promyslovist Ukrainu, 3, 43-52 [in Ukrainian].
- Paton, B.E., Lobanov, L.M., Nedoseka, A.Ya. et al. (2012) Experience of the E.O.Paton Institute of the NAS of Ukraine in the field of acoustic-emission monitoring. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 7-22 [in Russian].
- Paton, B.E., Lobanov, L.M., Nedoseka, A.Ya. et al. (2014) On application of AE technology at continuous monitoring of piping of power units operating at high temperature. Ibid., 3, 7-14 [in Russian].