|2015 №11 (04)||DOI of Article
|2015 №11 (06)|
TPWJ, 2015, #11, 42-47 pages
Application of N-O-C-H gas systems for synthesis of strengthening components in plasma coatings
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 11, 2015 (November)
NTUU «Kiev Polytechnic Institute» 37 Pobeda Ave., 03056, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Possibility of strengthening component synthesis during plasma spraying with application of plasma-chemical reactor is considered. Thermodynamic analysis of systems based on bottled gases N2, CO2, C3H8-C4H10, CH4, as well as air (N2 and O2 mixture) and a number of powder materials was performed. Iron-based materials and powders with sufficiently high titanium content were selected as model ones. Fundamental possibility of producing carbides, nitrides and oxides in the condensed state is demonstrated, ranges of thermodynamic parameters, in which they exist, dependence of synthesized compound content in the system on process temperature, pressure and quantity of initial solid product were established. It is found that organization of spraying process with concurrent synthesis of strengthening components is impossible without availability of objective data on energy capabilities of plasma equipment, consisting of plasmatron-plasma-chemical reactor complex. A series of experiments were performed on plasma coating spray-deposition and testing them for abrasive wear. 8 Ref., 6 Figures.
Keywords: complex gas systems, plasmatrons, plasma-chemical reactor, plasma spraying, strengthening component synthesis
- Smirnov, I.V., Selivestrov, I.A., Chyorny, A.V. et al. (2011) Improvement of wear resistance of plasma coatings based on composite powder with SiO2 nanoparticles. Visnyk NTU «KhPI», 2, 70-74.
- Borisov, Yu.S., Borisova, A.L., Kolomytsev, M.V. et al. (2015) Supersonic plasma gas air spraying of cermet coatings of the (Ti, Cr)C-NiCr system. The Paton Welding J., 2, 19-25. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.02.04
- Ronald, W.S., Emerging, U.S. (1993) Thermal plasma materials processing research and development. In: World Progress in Plasma Applications Conf. Proc. (Palo Alto, Febr. 9-11, 1993), 1-16.
- Pashchenko, V.M., Kuznetsov, V.D. (2002) Plasma heat sources in surface engineering processes. Problemy Tekhniky, 3, 26-32.
- Borisov, Yu.S., Petrov, S.V. (1993) Application of supersonic jets in thermal spraying technology. Avtomatich. Svarka, 1, 24-34.
- Petrov, S.V. (1997) Plasma synthesis in thermal spraying technology. Poroshk. Metallurgiya, 9/10, 34-38.
- Borisov, Yu.S., Kharlamov, Yu.A., Sidorenko, S.L. et al. (1987) Thermal coatings from powder materials: Refer. Book. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
- Pashchenko, V.N. (2009) Effect of the composition of plasma air-gas mixture on parameters of the plasmatron jet. The Paton Welding J., 4, 27-31.