|2017 №04 (09)||
DOI of Article
|2017 №04 (01)|
TPWJ, 2017, #4, 49-52 pages
Laser welding of thin-wall filter elements of steel 08Kh18N10T
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #4, 2017 (April)
V.D. Shelyagin, V.Yu. Khaskin, A.V. Bernatsky and A.V. Siora
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The work is dedicated to increase of safety and service life of apparatuses of chemical production due to replacement of brazing process to welding in manufacture of the filter elements. Three methods of welding (argon arc, electron beam and laser) were compared applicable to joining of thin-wall tubular cone billets for the filter elements of stainless steel 08Kh18N10T steel. Defects, typical for indicated methods of welding, were investigated and procedures for their elimination were proposed. It is determined that laser welding has the largest productivity in combination with high weld formation stability that makes its application reasonable as industrial technological process in manufacture of thin-wall cone filter elements. 9 Ref., 5 Figures.
Keywords: stainless steel, thin-wall products, laser welding, productivity, edges, technological fixture, mechanical properties, corrosion resistance
- Lashko, N.F., Lashko, S.V. (1977) Brazing of metals. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- Quintino, L. et al. (2006) MIG brazing of galvanized thin sheet joints for automotive industry. Materials and Manufacturing Processes, 21, 63–73. https://doi.org/10.1081/AMP-200060621
- (1974) Technology of fusion electric arc welding of metals and alloys. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- (2003) Steel and alloy grade guide. Ed. by A.S. Zubchenko. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- Korchagin, P.V. (2006) Argon arc welding of 18-8 type steel parts with big difference of thicknesses: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Tolyatti.
- Nazarenko, O.K. et al. (1987) Electron beam welding. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
- Grigoryants, A.G., Shiganov, I.N., Misyurov, A.I. (2008) Technological processes of laser treatment. Moscow: MGTU.
- Khaskin, V.Yu., Bernatsky, A.V. (2008) Welding of thin-wall steel products with loose edges made by laser surfacing. Svarshchik, 62(4), 14–15.
- Borisov, Yu.S. et al. (1987) Thermal coatings from powder materials. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.