|2018 №03 (07)||
DOI of Article
|2018 №03 (09)|
TPWJ, 2018, #3, 36-39 pages
On the problem of heat treatment of welded joints of railway rails
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #3, 2018 (March)
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The peculiarities of design of inductors with magnetic cores, used in a portable module for heat treatment of railway rail welded joints, produced by flash-butt welding, are presented. It is shown that the shape of the inductive wire of inductors, the location of magnetic cores relative to the rail and the technology of induction heating by currents of 2.4 kHz frequency provide a uniform distribution of temperature field in a welded joint, low temperature drop between the surface and deep layers of the rail, and also a decrease in the heating time. As a result of heat treatment of welded joints of rails R65 of steel K76F and rails UIC 60 of steel 900A in a portable module of the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute (PWI), the microstructure of metal of welded joints changes significantly, the hardness HRC is uniformly distributed over the width of HAZ, the deviation of hardness HRC from the level of base metal decreases. 7 Ref., 2 Tables, 6 Figures.
Keywords: rails, welded joints, heat treatment, inductors, microstructure, hardness distribution
- Genkin, I.Z. (2003) Heat treatment of rail welded joints in induction units. The Paton Welding J., 9, 38–41.
- Nesterov, D.K., Sapozhkov, V.E., Levchenko N.F. et al. (1990) Heat treatment of rail steel using induction heating. Metallovedenie i Term. Obrabotka Metallov, 8, 30–34 [in Russian].
- Feshchukov, A.N. (2016) System for heat treatment of rail welded joints in track conditions. Pat. 57752 RF, Int. Cl. E01B31/18 [in Russian].
- Rezanov, V.A., Fedin, V.M., Bashlykov, A.V. et al. (2013) Differentiated hardening of rail welded joints. Vestnik VNIIZHT, 2, 28–33 [in Russian].
- Fedin, V.M., Zeman, S.K., Borts, A.I., Nikolin, A.I. (2005) Development of new technological equipment for restoration of used rails. Ibid., 4, 22–25 [in Russian].
- Panteleymonov, S.O. Complex for heat treatment of rail welded joints in track conditions. 114593 Ukraine, Int. Cl. E01B31/18; 10.03.2017 [in Ukrainian].
- Panteleymonov, E.A., Gubatyuk, R.S. (2016) Induction device for heat treatment of welded joints of railway rails. The Paton Welding J., 9, 41–43. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.10.08