|2016 №01 (05)||DOI of Article
|2016 №01 (07)|
TPWJ, 2016, #1, 39-43 pages
Influence of filler metal on structure and properties of welded joints of high-strength two-phase titanium alloys produced using argon arc welding
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 1, 2016 (January)
S.V. Akhonin, V.Yu. Belous, I.K. Petrichenko And R.V. Selin
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The welded joints of high-strength titanium alloys, produced using arc welding, have, as a rule, unsatisfactory values of mechanical properties, especially those of ductility in the as-welded state as compared to the base metal. In the work the effect of thermal welding cycle, type of filler metal and the post-weld heat treatment on the structure and properties of welded joints of two-phase high-alloyed titanium alloys having st > 1000 MPa, were evaluated. The properties and structure of welded joints of high-strength titanium alloys VT23, T110 and experimental alloy Ti–6.5A1–3Mo–2.5V–4Nb–1Cr–1Fe–2.5Zr, made by argon arc welding applying the filler wires, differing by their composition from the base metal, were studied. It is rational to produce the joints of complex-alloyed titanium alloy Ti–6.5A1–3Mo–2.5V–4Nb–1Cr–1Fe–2.5Zr using argon arc welding applying filler wire VT1-00sv at modes, providing the through penetration and the content of wire components in the weld metal at level of 10 % in combination with the subsequent high-temperature annealing. 6 Ref., 1 Table, 6 Figures.
Keywords: titanium alloys, argon arc welding, filler wire, properties, structure
- Gurevich, S.M., Kushnirenko, N.A., Topolsky, V.F. (1980) Search of filler material for welding of titanium alloys. In: Actual problems of welding of nonferrous metals, 234–236. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
- Zamkov, V.N., Topolsky, V.F., Tyapko, I.K. (1993) Peculiarities of metallurgy and arc welding technology of heat hardenable titanium alloys. In: Welding Technology of Paton Institute at TWI Proc. (Abington, Cambridge, 13–14 Oct., 1993).
- Akhonin, S.V., Belous, V.Yu., Selin, R.V. et al. (2015) Structure and properties of EB- and TIG-welded joints of high-strength two-phase titanium alloys. The Paton Welding J., 8, 14–17. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.08.03
- Khorev, A.I. (2008) High-strength titanium alloy VT23 and its application in advanced welded structures. Proizvodstvo, 9, 3–8.
- Zamkov, V.M., Topolsky, V.P., Trygub, M.P. et al. High-strength titanium alloy. Pat. 40087 Ukraine. 16.06.2003.