TPWJ, 2016, #8, 2-6 pages
Controlling penetration zone formation in arc surfacing
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #8, 2016 (August)
V.P. Ivanov And E.V. Lavrova
Priazovsky State Technical University, 7 Universitetskaya Str., 87500, Mariupol, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Influence of surfacing mode parameters on penetration zone formation was studied, and methods of controlling and stabilizing the process of weld pool formation were determined. Models of penetration zone formation for stationary and moving electrodes were developed. Calculated dependencies were determined by statistical processing of the results of measuring penetration zone parameters in macrosections of samples produced by submerged-arc surfacing for different electrode diameters and applied feed rates (current), depending on arcing time and arc movement speed. Obtained mathematical models of penetration zone formation in submerged-arc surfacing were used to develop software and control system of surfacing equipment. 8 Ref., 1 Table, 9 Figures.
weld pool, penetration zone, mathematical model, control of weld pool formation process
- Paton, B.E., Lebedev, V.A. (2002) Analysis of technical and technological possibilities of electrode wire pulsed feed in arc welding and surfacing processes. Proizvodstvo, 2, 24–31. https://doi.org/10.1080/09507110209549580
- Shaferovsky, V.A., Serenko, A.N. (2007) Method of submerged-arc welding of plate metal with programming of mode parameters. In: of 2nd Sci.-Techn. Seminar on Welding and Related Processes in Industry (17 April 2007, Kiev, Ukraine), 8–11.
- Ivanov, V.P., Lavrova, E.V. (2014) Improving the efficiency of strip cladding by the control of electrode metal transfer. Mechanics and Materials, 682, 266–269. https://doi.org/10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.682.266
- Ivanov, V.P., Lavrova, E.V., Stepnova, Yu.A. (2015) Study of process of controlled mechanical transfer in surfacing with two strip electrode. Visnyk DonbasDMBA, 3, 102–107.
- Kiyohara, M., Yamamoto, H.Y., Harada, S. (1979) Melting characteristics of a wire electrode in the MIG-welding of aluminium. In: Arc physics and weld pool behavior, Paper 26, 165–175.
- Killing, R. (1991) Guenstige Strom-spannungsreihe beim MIG-/MAG-impulslichtbogenschweissen von Stahl und Aluminium unter verschiedenen Schutz Gazen. DVS Bericht, 131, 15–21.
- Lu, S., Hidetoshi, F., Sugiyama, H. et al. (2003) Marangoni convection and welding penetration in A-TIG welding. of JWRI, 32(2), 79–82.
- Ivanov, V.P. (2013) Increase in efficiency of arc surfacing process by control of welding pool hydrodynamics. Visnyk PryazovDTU, 26, 150–160.