|2018 №05 (07)||DOI of Article
|2018 №05 (02)|
Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), # 5, 2018, pp. 3-8
Effect of amplitude and frequency of plasmatron oscillations on chemical and structural inhomogeneity of metal deposited by plasma-powder method
I. A. Ryabtsev1, E. F. Perepletchikov1, I. A. Bartenev2, G. N. Gordan1, I.L. Bogaychuk1, L. M. Kapitanchuk1
1E. O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine. 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org 2Karaganda State Technical University 56 Mira Str., Karaganda, 100027, Kazakhstan. E-mail: email@example.com
Effect of amplitude and frequency of plasmatron oscillation on formation of deposited beads, nature of base metal penetration as well as structural and chemical inhomogeneity in zone of joining of deposited and base metal was investigated. The plasmatron oscillation frequency has the largest effect on bead shape and its microstructure, increase of amplitude rises bead width and decrease of its height. Effect of plasmatron oscillation frequency on nature of base metal penetration and chemical and structural inhomogeneity in zone of joining of base and deposited metals along deposition direction was also investigated. In deposition with plasmatron oscillations there is a wavy configuration of interface of deposited and base metals in longitudinal direction with larger frequency of projections and depressions, which repeats plasmatron oscillation frequency. It is determined that increase of plasmatron oscillation frequency on projections as well as depressions on fusion boundary promotes decrease of deposited and base metals and content of main alloying elements rapidly falls. 6 Ref. , 11 Fig.
Keywords: plasma-powder surfacing, oscillation plasmatron, amplitude and frequency of oscillations, base metal penetration, chemical and structural inhomogeneity, formation of deposited metal
- Gladky, P.V., Frumin, I.I. (1965) Plasma surfacing. Svarka, 3, 23-27 [in Russian].
- Vajnerman, A.E., Shorshorov, M.Kh., Veselkov, V.D., Novosadov, V.S. (1969) Plasma surfacing of metals. Leningrad, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Vajnerman, A.E., Zakharov, V.F., Syutiev, A.N. (1975) Surfacing with constricted arc of stainless steel on low-carbon and low-alloy steels. Leningrad, LDNTP [in Russian].
- Pereplyotchikov, E.F., Ryabtsev, I.A. (2007) Plasma-powder surfacing in reinforcement engineering. Kiev, Ekotekhnologiya [in Russian].
- Gladky, P.V., Pereplyotchikov, E.F., Ryabtsev, I.A. (2007) Plasma-powder surfacing. Kiev, Ekotekhnologiya [in Russian].
- Ryabtsev, I,A., Senchenkov, K. (2013) Theory and practice of surfacing operations. Kiev, Ekotekhnologiya [in Russian].