Avtomaticheskaya Svarka (Automatic Welding), # 5, 2018, pp. 9-14
Features of embrittlement of welded
joints of operated steam pipelines
V.V. Dmitrik1, A.V. Glushko1, T.A. Syrenko2, S.G. Hryhorenko3
NTU «KhPI». 2 Kirpicheva Str., 61002, Kharkov, Ukraine.
Kharkov Machine Building College.
79 Plekhanovskaya Str., 61068, Kharkov, Ukraine.
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine.
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine.
The development of recovery in the metal of welded joints of steam pipelines of heat-resistant pearlitic steels, which are long operated in the creep conditions, is characterized by certain structural changes. Such changes provide embrittlement in the metal of welded joints. The article considers the features of structural and deformational changes, as well as the development of diffusion which occur in the process of recovery and leads to embrittlement in the metal of welded joints of steam pipelines, at their service of over 270 hors. h. 1 Ref., 7 Fig.
: welded joints of steam pipelines, recovery, structural state, embrittlement, dislocations, diffusion, heat-affected zone
1. Dmitrik, V.V., Sobol, O.V., Pogrebnoj, M.A. et al. (2015) Peculiarities of degradation of metal in welded joints of steam pipelines. The Paton Welding J., 7, 10–15. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.07.02
2. Dmitrik, V.V. (2000) Structure of welded joints from low-alloyed heat-resistant Cr–Mo–V pearlitic steels. Ibid., 4, 26–29.
3. Dmitrik, V.V., Syrenko, T.A. (2012) To the mechanism of diffusion of chromium and molybdenum in the metal of welded joints of steam pipelines. Ibid., 10, 20–24.
4. Rozenberg, V.M. (1973) Principles of high-temperature strength. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
5. Dmitrik, V.V., Glushko, A.V., Syrenko, T.A. (2017) Structural changes in metal of welded joints after long-term service. The Paton Welding J., 7, 15–18. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2017.07.03
6. Dmitrik, V.V., Glushko, A.V., Grigorenko, S.G. (2016) Features of pore formation in welded joints of steam lines in long-term operation. Ibid., 9, 51–54.
7. Khromchenko, F.A. (2003) Service life of welded joints of steam pipelines. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
8. Glushko, A. (2016) Research into defectiveness of welded joints of steam pipes operated over a long time. Eastern-Europ. of Enterprise Technologies, 6, 1(84), 14–20. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2016.85852
9. Gottstein, G., Shvindlerman, L.S. (1999) Grain boundary migration in metals: Thermodynamics, kinetics, applications. New York, CRC Press.
10. Humphreys, F.J., Hatherly, M. (1995) Recrystallization and related annealing phenomena. Oxford, Pergamon Press.