TPWJ, 2018, #5, 7-11 pages
Peculiarities of welded joints weakening in operating steam pipelines
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #5, 2018 (May)
V.V. Dmitrik1, A.V. Glushko1, T.A. Syrenko2 and S.G. Grigorenko3
2 Kirpicheva Str., 61002, Kharkov, Ukraine. Е-mail: email@example.com
Kharkiv Machine Building College
79 Plekhanovskaya Str., 61068, Kharkiv, Ukraine
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The development of recovery in metal of welded joints of heat-resistant pearlitic steel steam pipelines, which are operating for a long time in the creep conditions, is characterized by certain structural changes. Such changes cause the weakening in metal of welded joints. The article considers the peculiar features of structural and deformational changes, as well as the development of diffusion which occur in the process of recovery and leads to weakening in metal of welded joints of steam pipelines at their service of over 270 thou h. 10 Ref., 7 Figures.
Keywords: welded joints of steam pipelines, recovery, structural state, weakening, dislocations, diffusion, heat-affected zone
1. Dmitrik, V.V., Sobol, O.V., Pogrebnoj, M.A. et al. (2015) Peculiarities of degradation of metal in welded joints of steam pipelines. The Paton Welding J., 7, 10–15. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2015.07.02
2. Dmitrik, V.V. (2000) Structure of welded joints from low-alloyed heat-resistant Cr–Mo–V pearlitic steels. Ibid., 4, 26–29.
3. Dmitrik, V.V., Syrenko, T.A. (2012) To the mechanism of diffusion of chromium and molybdenum in the metal of welded joints of steam pipelines. Ibid., 10, 20–24.
4. Rozenberg, V.M. (1973) Principles of high-temperature strength. Moscow, Metallurgiya [in Russian].
5. Dmitrik, V.V., Glushko, A.V., Syrenko, T.A. (2017) Structural changes in metal of welded joints after long-term service. The Paton Welding J., 7, 15–18. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2017.07.03
6. Dmitrik, V.V., Glushko, A.V., Grigorenko, S.G. (2016) Features of pore formation in welded joints of steam lines in long-term operation. Ibid., 9, 51–54.
7. Khromchenko, F.A. (2003) Service life of welded joints of steam pipelines. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
8. Glushko, A. (2016) Research into defectiveness of welded joints of steam pipes operated over a long time. Eastern-Europ. of Enterprise Technologies, 6, 1(84), 14–20. https://doi.org/10.15587/1729-4061.2016.85852
9. Gottstein, G., Shvindlerman, L.S. (1999) Grain boundary migration in metals: Thermodynamics, kinetics, applications. New York, CRC Press.
10. Humphreys, F.J., Hatherly, M. (1995) Recrystallization and related annealing phenomena. Oxford, Pergamon Press.