TPWJ, 2018, #5, 2-6 pages
Effect of amplitude and frequency of plasmatron oscillations on chemical and structural inhomogeneity of metal deposited by plasma-powder method
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #5, 2018 (May)
I.A. Ryabtsev1, E.F. Pereplyotchikov1, I.A. Bartenev2, G.N. Gordan1, I.L. Bogajchuk1 and L.M. Kapitanchuk1
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Karaganda State Technical University
56 Mira Ave., 100027, Karaganda, Kazakhstan. E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Effect of amplitude and frequency of plasmatron oscillations on formation of deposited beads, nature of base metal penetration as well as structural and chemical inhomogeneity in zone of joining of deposited and base metals was investigated. The plasmatron oscillation frequency has the largest effect on bead shape and its microstructure, increase of amplitude rises bead width and decreases its height. Effect of plasmatron oscillation frequency on nature of base metal penetration and chemical and structural inhomogeneity in zone of joining of base and deposited metals along surfacing direction was also investigated. In deposition with plasmatron oscillations there is a wavy configuration of interface of deposited and base metals in longitudinal direction with higher frequency of projections and cavities, which repeats plasmatron oscillation frequency. It is determined that increase of plasmatron oscillation frequency on projections as well as cavities in fusion line promotes decrease of deposited and base metals stirring and content of main alloying elements rapidly changes. 6 Ref., 11 Figures.
Keywords: plasma-powder surfacing, oscillations of plasmatron, amplitude and frequency of oscillations, base metal penetration, chemical and structural inhomogeneity, formation of deposited metal
- Gladky, P.V., Frumin, I.I. (1965) Plasma surfacing. Svarka, 3, 23–27 [in Russian].
- Vajnerman, A.E., Shorshorov, M.Kh., Veselkov, V.D., Novosadov, V.S. (1969) Plasma surfacing of metals. Leningrad, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Vajnerman, A.E., Zakharov, V.F., Syutiev, A.N. (1975) Surfacing with constricted arc of stainless steel on low-carbon and low-alloy steels. Leningrad, LDNTP [in Russian].
- Pereplyotchikov, E.F., Ryabtsev, I.A. (2007) Plasma-powder surfacing in reinforcement engineering. Kiev, Ekotekhnologiya [in Russian].
- Gladky, P.V., Pereplyotchikov, E.F., Ryabtsev, I.A. (2007) Plasma-powder surfacing. Kiev, Ekotekhnologiya [in Russian].
- Ryabtsev, I,A., Senchenkov, I.K. (2013) Theory and practice of surfacing operations. Kiev, Ekotekhnologiya [in Russian].