|2018 №04 (01)||DOI of Article
|2018 №04 (03)|
SEM, 2018, #4, 36-41 pages
Application of electron beam melting for producing zirconium alloys in Ukraine
Journal Sovremennaya Elektrometallurgiya
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 2415-8445 (print)
Issue № 4, 2018 (November)
S. V. Ladokhin1, V. S. Vakhrusheva2
1Physical-and-Technological Institute of Metals and Alloys. 34/1 Academician Vernadsky Blvd, 03142, Kyiv. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2Prydniprovska State Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture. 24 a Chernyshevsky Str,. 49005, Dnipro. E-mail:Vs062@ukr.net
The expediency of application of technologies of calcium thermal recovery of zirconium from zirconium tetrafluoride and next refining of this metal by the method of electron beam cold hearth melting with a further melting of zirconium alloys from it by the electron beam skull melting with producing cast tubular billets for manufacture of tubes-shells of heat-generating elements of NPP in Ukraine was grounded. Ref. 21, Tabl. 4.
Key words: zirconium; alloys; electron beam melting; vacuum-arc remelting; cast billets; ingot; chemical composition; mechanical properties
1. Chernov, A.P., Semenov, G.R., Lapshin, V.I. et al. (2000) Investigations and developments on manufacture of zirconium alloys and products in Ukraine. Proc. of 14th Int. Conf. on Physics Radiation Effects and Radiation Materials Science (Alushta, Crimea, June 12–17, 2000). Kharkov, NSC KIPT, 98–100 [in Russian].
2. Zajmovsky, A.S., Nikulina, A.V., Reshetnikov, N.G. (1994) Zirconium alloys in nuclear power engineering. Moscow, Energoizdat [in Russian].
3. (1997) Report on research: Development of technology and manufacture of pilot batch of tubes from KTTs110 alloy for fuel elements. Dnepropetrovsk, SE NITI [in Russian].
4. (2002) Report on research: Development of technology for zirconium ingots production with the use of electromagnetic stirring of melt in mould. Kyiv, PTIMA [in Ukrainian].
5. (2002) Report on research: Development of technology and equipment for complexly alloyed zirconium alloy production in skull furnaces with electromagnetic stirring of melt. Kyiv, PTIMA [in Ukrainian].
6. (2004) Report on research: Production of industrial lot of Zr1Nb alloy ingots with the use of domestic raw materials for manufacture of fuel element tubes, strips and other items for WWER-1000 reactor. Kharkiv, NSC KIPT [in Ukrainian].
7. (2004) Report on research: Production of lot of Zr1Nb alloy ingots based on KTTs110 alloy and iodic zirconium by electron beam melting with electromagnetic stirring. Kyiv, PTIMA [in Ukrainian].
8. (2005) Report on research: Investigation of materials properties and component parts for fuel elements from Zr1Nb alloy of Ukrainian production on the basis of calcium zirconium. Kharkiv, NSC KIPT [in Ukrainian].
9. (2007) Report on research: Development of technological processes for production in electron beam installations of cast items and ingots under the external effects on the melt being solidified. Kyiv, PTIMA [in Ukrainian].
10. (2008) Report on research: Initial data issued for TREX-tubes production from Zr1Nb alloy melted at SSPE Zirconium. SE DTI [in Ukrainian].
11. Korovin, Yu.F., Chuprinko, V.K., Lindt, K.A. et al. (1994) Zirconium and hafnium production at PKhZ for satisfaction of Ukrainian nuclear power engineering demand. Voprosy Atomnoj Nauki i Tekhniki. Series: Physics of Radiation Damage and Radiation Materials Science, 2, 114–124 [in Russian].
12. Azhazha, V.M., Vakhrusheva, V.S., Dergach, T.A. et al. (1999) Technology of items production from zirconium alloys for nuclear power engineering and some zirconium alloy properties. Kharkov, NSC KIPT [in Russian].
13. Azhazha, V. M., Bolkov, A.F., Borts, B.V. et al. (2005) Vacuum arc method of tubular billet production from Zr1Nb alloy. Voprosy Atomnoj Nauki i Tekhniki. Series: Physics of Radiation Damage and Radiation Materials Science, 5, 110–114 [in Russian].
14. Vakhrusheva V.S. (2003) Formation of structure and properties of steel and alloys in tubes production for nuclear power units: Syn. of Thesis for Dr. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Dnipropetrovsk [in Ukrainian].
15. Buryak, T.M. (2005) Structure and properties forming of tubular billet and tubes for nuclear power engineering using new methods of production: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Dnipropetrovsk [in Ukrainian].
16. Azhazha, V.M., Borts, B.V., Butenko, I.M. et al. (2006) Production of TREX-tubular billets lot for manufacture of pilot batch of fuel tubes from Zr1Nb alloy of domestic raw materials. Nauka ta Innovatsii, 6, 18–30 [in Ukrainian].
17. (2007) Electron beam melting in foundry. Ed. by S.V. Ladokhin. Kiev, Stal [in Russian].
18. Ladokhin, S.V., Vakhrusheva, V.S. (2008) Perspectives of electron beam melting using in zirconium alloy production in Ukraine. Sovrem. Elektrometall., 4, 22–26 [in Russian].
19. Gladkov, A.S. (2009) Peculiarities of electron beam scull melting of Zr1Nb alloy and development of the technology of tubular billet production: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
20. Vakhrusheva, V.S. (2014) Problems of creation of zirconium rolled production in Ukraine. Voprosy Atomnoj Nauki i Tekhniki. Series: Physics of Radiation Damage and Radiation Materials Science, 2, 62–68 [in Russian].
21. (2018) Report on activities of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine in 2017. Kyiv, Academperiodika [in Ukrainian].