|2018 №03 (01)||DOI of Article
|2018 №03 (03)|
Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing №3, 2018, pp. 14-26
On terminological peculiarities of designation of ultrasonic waves formed at the first critical angle
E. A. Davydov, V. P. Dyadin, A. L. Shekero
E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute of NASU, 11 Kazimir Malevich str., Kiev-150, 03680, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The objective of this work is studying the established practice of application of «head wave», «side wave», «creeping wave», which at present is quite ambiguous and contradictory. 21 Ref., 2 Tables, 3 Fig.
Keywords: acoustic wave, head wave, side wave, creeping wave, sliding wave
1. GOST 16821-91: Exploration seismology. Terms and definitions [in Russian].
2. Lange, Yu.V., Voronkov, V.A. (2003) Nondestructive acoustic testing. Terms and definitions. In: Refer. book. Moscow [in Russian].
3. (2003) Nondestructive testing system. Kinds (methods) and technology of nondestructive testing. Terms and definitions. In: Refer. book. Series 28: Nondestructive testing. Issue 4. Moscow, State Unitary Enterprise “Scientific and Technical Centre [in Russian].
4. GOST R ISO 5577-2009: Nondestructive testing. Ultrasonic testing. Vocabulary of terms [in Russian].
5. Ermolov, I.N., Alyoshin, N.P., Potapov, A.I. (1991) Nondestructive testing. In: 5 books. Book 2: Acoustic methods of testing. In: Manual. Ed. by V.V. Sukhorukov. Moscow: Vyschaya Shkola [in Russian].
6. Brekhovsky, L.M. (1973) Waves in stratified media. Moscow, Nauka [in Russian].
7. ISO 5577:2017: Non-destructive testing — Ultrasonic testing — Vocabulary.
8. ISO 22825:2012: Non-destructive testing of welds —Ultrasonic testing — Testing of welds in austenitic steels and nickel-based alloys.
9. Razygraev, N.P. (2004) Ultrasonic flaw detection by head waves: Physical prerequisites and practical application. Defectoskopiya, 9, 27–37 [in Russian].
10. DSTU ENV 583-6:2005: Non-destructive testing. Ultrasonic examination. Time-of-flight diffraction technique as a method for detection and sizing of discontinuities [in Russian].
11. DSTU CEN/TS 14751:2008. Welding. Use of time-of-flight diffraction method (TOFD) for examination of welds [in Russian].
12. (2007) Introduction to phased array ultrasonic technology applications: R/D Tech guideline. (URL: https://www.olympus-ims.com/vi/books/pa/pa-intro/; https://www.olympus-ims.com/ru/resources/738-search-resourcecontenttype.Brochures_738-search-submit.1.
13. Bondarev, V.I. (2007) Exploration seismology. In: Manual for students of higher education institutes. Ekaterinburg, Izd-vo UGTU [in Russian].
14. Alyoshin, N.P., Remizov, A.L., Deryabin, A.A. (2015) A course of lectures on quality control of welded joints. Moscow, Izd-vo MGTU im. N.E. Baumana [in Russian].
15. Basatskaya, L.V., Vopilkin, A.Kh., Ermolov, I.N. et al. (1978) On propagation of ultrasonic longitudinal waves near the surface of the solid. Akusticheskij Zhurnal, 24(1), 15–20 [in Russian].
16. Khmelevsky, V.K., Gorbachev, Yu.I., Kalinin, A.V. (2004) Geophysical methods of investigation. In: Manual for geology specialties of higher education institutes. Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Izd-vo KGPU [in Russian].
17. RD 34.17.302-97 (OP 501 TsD-97): Steam and water-heating boilers. Steam and hot water pipelines, vessels. Welded joints. Quality control. Ultrasonic testing. Main principles [in Russian].
18. PNAEG -7-030-91: Unified procedures for control of the main materials (semi-finished products), welded joints and deposits in equipment and piping of nuclear power plants. Ultrasonic testing. Pt 2: Control of welded joints and deposits [in Russian].
19. SOU NAEK 032:2014: Maintenance and repair. Ultrasonic nondestructive testing. Procedure of testing welded joints and deposits [in Russian].
20. Ermolov, I.N., Razygraev, N.P., Shcherbinsky, V.G. (1978) Application of acoustic waves of head type for ultrasonic testing. Defektoskopiya, 1, 33–40 [in Russian].
21. Landau, L.D., Lifshits, E.M. (2001) Theoretical physics. In: Manual for students of higher education institutes. In: 10 Vol. Vol. 6: Hydrodynamics. Moscow, FIZMATLIT [in Russian].