Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing №3, 2018, pp. 27-34
New developments of electromagnetoacoustic transducers (review)
G.M.Suchkov, S.Yu.Plesnetsov, S.Yu.Meshecheryakov, N.N.Yudanova
National Technical University «Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute». 2 Kirpicheva str., 61002, Kharkiv. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Information sources on the issues of investigation and development of electromagnetoacoustic transducers were analyzed. Considerable expansion was found in the range of EMA transducers for various purposes, both for portable and for automatic instruments for measurement, diagnostics and evaluation of physico-mechanical properties of materials. 14 Ref., 9 Fig.
electromagnetoacoustic transducer, ultrasonic waves, magnetic field, magnetic field source, object of control, high-frequency electromagnetic field, induction coil, control, measurement, diagnostics
1. Plesnetsov, S.Yu., Suchkov, G.M., Korzh, A.I., Suvorova, M.D. (2018) New theoretical investigations and developments in the field of electromagneto-acoustic transformation (Review). Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 2, 24–31 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2018.02.03
2. Ermolov, I.N., Lange, Yu.V. (2004) Nondestructive testing: Refer. book. In: 7 Vol. Ed. by V.V. Klyuev. Vol.3: Ultrasonic testing. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
3. Suchkov, G.M. (2005) Development of the theory and practice of manufacturing instruments for electromagnetoacoustic testing of metal products. In: Syn. of Thesis for Dr. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kharkov, NTU KhPI [in Russian].
4. Desyatnichenko, O.V. (2015) Electromagnetoacoustic thickness meter for control of metal products with dielectric coatings. In: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kharkiv, Modelist [in Ukrainian].
5. Alyokhin, S.G. (2013) Measurements of thickness of metal structures based on electromagnetoacoustic conversion in the pulsed magnetic field. In: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Moscow, MNPO Spektr [in Russian].
6. Astafiev, A.N., Nevolin, O.V., Mamaj, A.M. et al. (2006) All-purpose attachment for standard ultrasonic flaw detectors and thickness meters. Defektoskopiya, 7, 73–82 [in Russian].
7. Ohtsuka, Y., Yoshimura, T., Ueda, Y. (2007) P2E-6 New design of electromagnetic acoustic transducer for precise determination of defect. In: Proc. of 2007 IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium, 1609–1612. DOI: 10.1109/ULTSYM.2007.405. https://doi.org/10.1109/ULTSYM.2007.405
8. Suchkov, G.M., Alexeev, E.A., Zakharenko, V.V. (2006) Energy and resources-saving instruments and non-destructive testing technologies. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 4, 29–34 [in Russian].
9. Wilcox, P. D., M. Lowe, J. S., Cawley, P. (2005) The excitation and detection of Lamb waves with planar coil electromagnetic acoustic transducers. IEEE Trans. on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control. IEEE Journals & Magazines, 52(12), 2370–2383. DOI: 10.1109/TUFFC.2005.1563281 https://doi.org/10.1109/TUFFC.2005.1563281
10. Myshkin, A.V. (2015) Effect of design parameters of multielement of phased transducers on acoustic field formation. In: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Izhevsk, IzhGTU [in Russian].
11. Migushchenko, R.P., Suchkov, G.M., Radev, Kh.K. et al. (2016) Electromagnetoacoustic transducer for ultrasonic thickness measurement in ferromagnetic metal products without removal of dielectric coating. Tekhnichna Elektrodynamika, 2, 78–82 [in Russian].
12. Plesnetsov S. Yu., Petrishchev O. N., Mygushchenko R. P. et al. (2018) Powerful sources of pulse high-frequency electromechanical transducers for measurement, testing and diagnostics. Elektrotekhnika i Elektromekhanika, 2, 31–35.
13. Migachev, S.A., Kurkin, M.I., Smorodinsky, Ya.G. (2016) Contactless excitation of sound in metal by electric field video pulse. Defektoskopiya, 11, 48–53 [in Russian].
14. Gurevich, S. Yu., Petrov, Yu. V., Shusharin, A. V., Golubev, E. V. (2009) Analysis of ultrasonic waves excited in a metal plate by nanosecond laser pulses. Russian J. of Nondestructive Testing, 45(4), 247–251. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1061830909040044