|2020 №07 (02)||
DOI of Article
|2020 №07 (04)|
TPWJ, 2020, #7, 23-28 pages
Effect of heat treatment on the structure and mechanical properties of sheet aluminium alloy V1341 and its welded joints produced by TIG welding
T.M. Labur, M.R. Yavorska and V.A. Koval
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine 11 Kazymyr Malevych Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The paper gives the results of studying the effect of various heat treatment operations on the structure and mechanical properties of the base metal and welded joints of sheet aluminium alloy of V1341 grade 1.2 mm thick, produced by manual nonconsumable electrode argon-arc welding. The dependence is established between the structural state of the metal of welded joints of this alloy on the kind of heat treatment that affects the level of strength and ductility. A significant effect of improvement of the structure and mechanical properties is achieved, when conducting complete heat treatment, which includes quenching and artificial ageing of the alloy and its joints. Compared to artificial ageing modes, this kind of heat treatment allows producing a stable metal structure, characterized by smaller dimensions of phase precipitates and inclusions that promotes increase of the strength level, under the condition of preservation of the ductility values. 8 Ref., 2 Tables, 4 Figures.
Keywords: aluminium alloy, manual nonconsumable electrode argon-arc welding, filler wire, welded joints, heat treatment, structure, mechanical properties, investigations
References1. Ishchenko, A.Ya., Labur, T.M. (2013) Welding of modern structures from aluminium alloys. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
2. Klochkov, G.G., Grushko, O.E., Popov, V.I. et al. (2001) Structure, technological properties and weldability of V1341T alloy sheets of Al−Mg−Cu system. Aviats. Materialy i Tekhnologii, 1, 3−8 [in Russian].
3. Fridlyander, I.N., Grushko, O.E., Sheveleva, L.M. (2004) Properties of sheets from advanced alloy V1341. Metallovedenie i Termich. Obrab. Metallov, 12, 3−6 [in Russian].
4. Krivov, G.A. (1997) Technology of aircraft construction. Kiev, KVITs [in Russian].
5. Rabkin, D.M., Lozovskaya, A.V., Sklabinskaya, I.E. (1992) Metals science of welding of aluminium and its alloys. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
6. Koval, V.A., Labur, T.M., Yavorska, T.R. (2020) Properties of joints of V1341T grade alloy under the conditions of TIG welding. The Paton Welding J., 2, 35-40. https://doi.org/10.37434/tpwj2020.02.07
7. DSTU ENISO 10042:2015 (ENISO 10042:2005, IDT; ISO 10042:2005, IDT): Welding-arc-welded joints in aluminium and its alloys. Quality levels for imperfections [in Ukrainian].
8. Shamraj, V.F., Gumennikov, A.N., Ovchinnikov, V.V. et al. (2008) Mechanical and corrosion properties of cold-rolled sheets of Al−Mn system alloy. Metallovedenie i Termich. Obrab. Metallov, 3, 28−30 [in Russian].