|2019 №03 (01)||DOI of Article
|2019 №03 (03)|
SEM, 2019, #3, 10-14 pages
Journal Современная электрометаллургия
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 2415-8445 (print)
Issue № 3, 2019 (September)
ESR in uncooled mould
F.K. Biktagirov, V.A. Shapovalov, A.V. Veretilnik, A.P. Ignatov, A.V. Gnatushenko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine. 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The process of ESM in an uncooled steel mould was tried out. Energy parameters of melting were determined, at which the slag temperature is kept close to that of the metal being remelted, and 1...2 mm thick skull forms between the produced ingot and the mould. It is found that compared to ESM in a water-cooled mould, the melting rate decreases 4 to 5 times, while specific energy consumption is reduced 2 times. It is shown that due to lowering of metal overheating temperature and melting speed, favourable conditions are in place for crystallization with formation of fine-grained metal structure of the ingots produced by such a method. Ref. 6, Fig. 3.
Key words: electroslag remelting; uncooled mould; mode; slag temperature; efficiency; skull; ingot; structure
References1. Tsykulenko, A.K., Lantsman, I.A., Medovar, L.B. et al. (2000) Two-circuit scheme of electroslag remelting of consumable electrode. Problemy Spets. Elektrometallurgii, 3, 16-20 [in Russian].
2. Medovar, L.B., Tsykulenko, A.K., Chernets, A.V. et al. (2000) On formation of surface of nickel superalloy ingots during ESR in current-carrying mould. Ibid., 4, 7-14 [in Russian].
3. Kuskov, Yu.M., Skorokhodov, V.N., Ryabtsev, I.A., Sarychev, I.S. (2000) Electroslag surfacing. Moscow, Nauka i Tekhnologiya [in Russian].
4. Kuskov, Yu.M., Solovjev, V.G., Lentyugov, I.P., Zhdanov, V.A. (2018) Role of slag pool in process of surfacing in current-carrying mould. Sovrem. Elektrometall., 2, 41-44 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/sem2018.02.05
5. Medovar, B.I., Emelyanenko, Yu.G., Kozlitin, D.A. et al. (1974) Some peculiarities of ESR metal in consumable moulds. In: Refining remelting. Kiev, Naukova Dumka, 96-100 [in Russian].
6. Kuper, L., Mogendorf, V., Kheiman, H. (1977) Meltdown of central zone of ingots using electroslag remelting. In: Electroslag remelting. Kiev, Naukova Dumka, 4, 139-159 [in Russian].