|2018 №02 (03)||DOI of Article
|2018 №02 (05)|
Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing №2, 2018, pp. 32-36
Application of circular statistics for detection of signals of ultrasonic nondestructive testing
Yu.V.Kuts1, Yu.Yu.Lysenko1, M.O.Red’ka1, O.D.Bliznyuk2
1Igor Sikorskii NTUU «Kyiv Polytechnic Institute», 37, Peremogi Ave., 03056, Kyiv. E-mail: email@example.com
2National Aviation University, 1 Kosmonaut Komarov Prop., 03058, Kyiv
The paper deals with the method for detection of signals of ultrasonic nondestructive testing against the background of Gaussian noise. The method is based on analysis of circular dispersion, which is determined by phase characteristic of the studied signal, and does not require a priori information on the parameters of the model of ultrasonic nondestructive testing signal. Results of modeling the process of detection of signals of ultrasonic nondestructive testing against the noise background are given. 11 References, 4 Figures.
Keywords: circular statistics, circular dispersion, signal detection in noise, ultrasonic nondestructive testing
- (2014) Reference book on radiolocation. Ed. by M.I. Skolnik. In: 2 books. Book 2. Moscow, Tecnosfera [in Russian].
- Maevskii, S.M., Babak, V.P., Shcherbak, L.M. (1993) Fundamentals of construction of signal analysis systems in nondestructive testing. Kyiv, Lybid [in Ukrainian].
- Kachanov, V.K., Mozgovyi, O.V., Pitolin, O.I. at al. (1994) Modern methods and means of ultrasonic testing with application of statistic processing of signals: Manual. Ed. by V.P. Babak. Kyiv, ISDO [in Ukrainian].
- Marchenko, B.G., Pryjmak, M.V., Shcherbak, L.M. (2001) Theoretical fundamentals of analysis of stochastic signals and noises: Manual. Ternopil, I. Puliya TDTU [in Ukrainian].
- Kachanov, V.K., Sokolov, I.V. (2007) Features of application of complex modulated signals in ultrasonic flaw detection. Defektoskopiya, 12, 18-42 [in Russian].
- Karpash, O.M., Rybytsky, I.V., Karpash M.O. (2008) Substantiation of the possibility of Barker code application for improvement of the sensitivity of ultrasonic contactless method for thickness measurement. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazruch. Kontrol. 2, 31-35 [in Ukrainian].
- Sokolov, I.V. (2007) Split method of ultrasonic testing. Defektoskopiya, 12, 3-17 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1061830907120017
- Tyutyakin, A.V. (2012) On application of wavelet-transformation in spectral analysis of informative signals in the systems of nondestructive testing and diagnostics. Kontrol. Diagnostika, 8, 11-16 [in Russian].
- Kuts, Yu.V., Shcherbak, L.M. (2009) Static phasometry. Ternopil, Vyd-vo I. Puliya TDTU [in Ukrainian].
- Blyznyuk, O.D., Eremenko, V.S., Kuts, Yu.V. et al. (2009) Application of the method of statistic phasometry in ultrasonic nondestructive testing. In: Nondestructive testing of materials and structures: Transact. Series: Physical methods and means of control of media, materials and products. Lviv, G.V. Karpenka PMI, 14, 50-55 [in Ukrainian].
- Lyons, R. (2007) Digital signal processing. 2nd Ed. Moscow, Binom-Press [in Russian].