Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing №2, 2018, pp. 24-31
New theoretical investigations and developments in the field of electromagneto-acoustic transformation (Review)
S. Yu. Plesnetsov, G. M. Suchkov, A. I. Korzh, M. D .Suvorova
National Technical University “Kharkov Polytechnic Institute”, 2 Kirpicheva str., 61002, Kharkov. E-mail: email@example.com
Analysis was performed of information sources over the recent years, which give the results of theoretical and model studies of electromagneto-acoustic method of excitation and reception of ultrasonic waves of body, surface and normal types. It is found that comprehensive theoretical and model studies allow establishing more effective principles of design of various purpose EMA transducers. The possibility of development of EMAT with phased arrays, as well as devices with pulsed sources of polarizing magnetic field is shown. 25 References, 4 Figures.
Keywords: electromagneto-acoustic transformation, material properties, nondestructive testing, measurement, diagnostics, thickness measurement, modeling
- Budenkov, G.A., Gurevich, Yu.S. (1981) Modern state of contactless methods and means of ultrasonic testing (Review). Defektoskopiya, 5, 5-33 [in Russian].
- Suchkov, G.M. (2005) Modern capabilities of EMA flaw detection. Ibid., 12, 24-39 [in Russian].
- Suchkov, G.M. (2004) Capabilities of modern EMA thickness meters. Ibid., 12, 16-25 [in Russian].
- Ermolov, I.N., Lange, Yu.V. (2004) Nondestructive testing: Refer. book. In: 7 Vol. Ed. by Klyuev. Vol.3: Ultrasonic testing. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Ermolov, I.N. (2004) Achievements in theoretical problems of ultrasonic flaw detection, objectives and prospects. Defektoskopiya, 10, 13-48 [in Russian].
- Sazonov, Yu.I. (2014) Electromagneto-acoustic effects in condensed media and physical methods of their application. In: Proc. of 27th Session of the Russian Acoustic Society dedicated to the memory of acoustic-scientists A.V. Smolyakov and V.I. Popkov of FGUP Krylov State Scientific Center (St.-Petersburg, 16-18 April 2014) [in Russian].
- Budenkov, G.A., Korobejnikov, O.V. (2009) Influence of metal composition and temperature on effectiveness of electromagneto-acoustic transformation. Defektoskopiya, 4, 41-49 [in Russian].
- Suchkov, G.M., Donchenko, A.V. et al. (2008) Improvement of efficiency of EMA instruments. Ibid., 2, 15-22 [in Russian].
- Suchkov, G.M. (2001) Investigation of the features of propagation of elastic waves excited by EMA method. Kontrol. Diagnostika, 12, 36-39 [in Russian].
- (2005) Advances of the theory and practice of development of instruments for electromagneto-acoustic testing of metal products. In: Syn. of Thesis for Dr. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Kharkov, NTU KhPI [in Russian].
- Remezov, V.B. (2013) Investigation of acoustic fields excited by “coil” type radiators in a constant magnetic field. Defektoskopiya, 6, 13-25 [in Russian].
- Migushchenko, R.P., Suchkov, G.M., Petrishchev, O.N. et al. (2017) Information-measurement electromechanical transducers for assessment of surface quality of ferromagnetic metal products by ultrasonic Rayleigh waves. Tekhnichna Elektrodynamika, 2, 70-76 [in Russian].
- Bobrov, V.T., Samokrutov, A.A., Shevaldykin, V.G. (2014) State and tendencies of development of acoustic (ultrasonic) methods, means and technologies of nondestructive testing and technical diagnostics. Territoriya NDT, 2, 24-27 [in Russian].
- Chabanov, V.E., Zhukov, V.A. (2013) Features of ultrasonic testing with application of electromagneto-acoustic transducers. V Mire Nerazrush. Kontrolya, 1, 36-43 [in Russian].
- Plesnetsov, S.Yu., Petrishchev, O.N., Mygushchenko, R.P., Suchkov, G.M. (2018) Simulation of electromagneto-acoustic conversion process under torsion waves excitation. Tekhnichna Elektrodynamika, 3, 79-88 [in Russian].
- Plesnetsov, S.Yu., Petrishchev, O.N., Mygushchenko, R.P., Suchkov, G.M. (2018) Simulation of electromagneto-acoustic conversion process under torsion waves excitation. Pt. 2. Ibid., 1, 30-36 [in Russian].
- Plesnetsov, S.Yu., Petrishchev, O.N., Mygushchenko, R.P., Suchkov , G.M. (2018) Simulation of electromagneto-acoustic conversion process under torsion waves excitation. Pt. 3. Ibid., 3, 10-19 [in Russian].
- Suchkov, G.M., Petrishchev, O.N., Plesnetsov, S.Yu. (2016) Development of fundamentals of electromagneto-acoustic excitation of torsion waves in tubular metal products. In: Abstr. of Papers of 22nd Int. Sci.-Pract. Conf. on Physical and Computer Technologies (7-9 December 2016, Kharkiv), 469-473.
- Plesnetsov, S.Yu., Migushchenko, R.P., Petryshchev, O.N., et al. (2017) Mathematical modeling of physical processes of electromagnetic field transformation in elastic oscillations field in microthick layers of metals. J. of Nano- and Electronic Physics, 9, 5. https://doi.org/10.21272/jnep.9(5).05041
- Plesnetsov, S.Yu., Petrishchev, O.N., Mygushchenko, R.P. et al. (2018) Physical principles of non-contact ultrasonic frequency sensors creation for the study of nanocrystalline ferromagnetic materials. Ibid., 2.
- Myshkin, A.V. (2015) Influence of design parameters of multielement phased transducers on formation of acoustic fields. Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Izhevsk, IzhGTU [in Russian].
- Nozdrachyova, E.L., Suchkov, G.M., Petrishchev, O.N. (2015) Features of excitation of ultrasonic pulses by a capacitive transducer. In: Transact. of DNTU, Series: Computational systems and automation, 165-171 [in Russian].
- Alyokhin, S.G. (2013) Thickness measurement in metal structures based on electromagneto-acoustic transformation in a pulse magnetic field. Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Tekhn. Sci. Degree. Moscow, MNPO Spektr [in Russian].
- Shevaldykin, V.G. (2012) Brief analysis of the topics of presentations on ultrasound at the 18th World Conf. on Nondestructive Testing. Territoriya NDT, 3, 33-34 [in Russian].