Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing №2, 2018, pp. 16-23
Operational control of the quality and stressed state of welded panels from vt-20 alloy by digital shearography methods
L. M. Lobanov, V. A. Pivtorak
E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine, 11 Kazimir Malevich str., 03150, Kiev. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technologies of nondestructive testing of the quality and determination of residual stresses in welded structures based on the methods of digital shearography and speckle-interferometry were developed. The paper presents the results of diagnostics of the quality of welded titanium panels from VT-20 alloy, made with elastic pre-tension and determination of residual stresses in welded panel elements. The effectiveness of application of the methods of digital shearography and speckle-interferometry is shown for diagnostics of quality and determination of residual stresses in titanium panel elements without dismantling the fixtures for tension application that allows, if required, immediately proceeding to elimination of the defects.
Keywords: nondestructive quality testing, stressed state determination, diagnostics of thin-walled panels, digital shearography, electronic speckle-interferometry.
1. Hung, Y.Y., Ho, H.P. (2005) Shearography: An optical measurement technique and applications. Mater. Sci. & Engin., 49, 61-87. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mser.2005.04.001
2. Collrep, J., Krupka, R., Siebert, T. (2007) Industrial applications of shearography for inspection of aircraft components. NDT World Review, 36(6), 28-31.
3. Lobanov, L.M., Pivtorak, V.A., Savitskaya, E.M., Kiyanets, I.V. (2008) Diagnostics of components and assemblies of structure with application of electron shearography method. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazruch. Kontrol, 4, 7-13 [in Russian].
4. Feng, H.J., Zhang, J., Liu, Kh.K. (2012) Studies on digital shearography for testing of aircraft composite structures and honeycomb-based specimen. Appl. Mech. Mater., 121-126, 1264-1268.
5. Wu, S.J., Zhu, L.Q., Feng, Q.B. et al. (2012) Digital shearography with in situ phase shift calibration. Opt. Laser Eng., 50, 1260-1266. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlaseng.2012.03.011
6. Xie, X., Xu, N., Sun, J.F. et al. (2013) Simultaneous measurement of deformation and the first derivative with spatial phase-shift digital shearography. Opt. Commun, 286, 277-281. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optcom.2012.08.072
7. Lobanov, L.M., Znova, V.Ya., Pivtorak, V.A., Kiyanets, I.V. (2014) Technology of non-destructive testing of the quality of elements and components of aircraft structures by electron shearography method. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazruch. Kontrol, 3, 15-18 [in Russian].
8. Lobanov, L.M., Znova, V.Ya., Pivtorak, V.A., Kiyanets, I.V. (2015) Monitoring corrosion damage of elements and components of aircraft structures by the method of electron shearography. Ibid., 2, 5-9 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2015.02.01
9. Paton, B.E., Lobanov, L.M., Lysak, V.L. et al. (2014) Deformation-free welding of stringer panels of titanium alloy VT20. The Paton Welding J., 9, 6-16. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.09.01
10. Lobanov, L.M., Pivtorak, V.A., Savitsky V.V., Tkachukm G.I. (2006) Procedure for determination of residual stresses in welded joints and structural elements using electron speckle-interferometry. Ibid.,1, 24-29.