|2015 №04 (04)||
DOI of Article
|2015 №04 (06)|
TPWJ, 2015, #3/4, 42-48 pages
Laser welding of commercial arc slag remelted titanium VT1-0 hardened by nitrogen
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 3/4, 2015 (March/April)
V.D. Shelyagin, V.Ya. Saenko, A.A. Polishko, V.A. Ryabinin, A.V. Bernatsky, S.N. Stepanyuk And I.N. Klochkov
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The possibility of producing the full-strength butt joint of sheet rolled titanium VT1-0 of 12 mm thickness, preliminary hardened by nitrogen (0.098 wt.%) from the gas phase in the process of arc slag remelting, using laser welding was shown. In the course of experimental investigations double-sided welding of butt joints applying Nd:YAG-laser radiation was performed. The results of macro- and microinvestigations, measurements of distribution of microhardness HV, mechanical properties in testing on static tension and impact bending proved a high quality of welded joints. The homogeneity of the structure, absence of cracks, pores and other defects evidence of the challenging development of technology of laser welding of commercial titanium VT1-0 hardened by nitrogen (up to 0.1 wt.%) in ASR. 9 Ref., 4 Tables, 11 Figures.
Keywords: laser welding, commercial titanium, hardening by nitrogen from gas phase, weldability, butt joint, micro-, macrostructure, microhardness, mechanical properties
1. Gurevich, S.M., Zamkov, V.N., Blashchuk, V.E. et al. (1986) Metallurgy and technology of welding of titanium and its alloys. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
2. Medovar, B.I., Saenko, V.Ya., Kumysh, V.I. et al. (1994) Hardening of titanium by nitrogen alloying from vapor phase during arc slag remelting. Problemy Spets. Elektrometallurgii, 3/4, 12-17.
3. Medovar, B.I., Saenko, V.Ya., Kumysh, V.I. et al. (1995) Properties of thick plates rolled from large-tonnage slab ingot of VT1-0 titanium ASR of 4.5 t mass. Ibid., 2, 10-14.
4. Medovar, B.I., Saenko, V.Ja., Grigorenko, G.M. et al. (1996) Arc-slag remelting of steel and alloys. Cambridge: Intern. Sci. Publ.
5. Saenko, V.Ya., Polishko, A.A., Ryabinin, V.A. et al. (2014) Electron beam welding of sheet commercial titanium VT1-0 hardened by nitrogen in the process of arc-slag remelting and properties of produced joints. The Paton Welding J., 11, 46-49. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.11.09
6. Paton, B.E., Shelyagin, V.D., Akhonin, S.V. et al. (2009) Laser welding of titanium alloys. Ibid., 7, 30-34.
7. Shelyagin, V.D., Akhonin, S.V., Khaskin, V.Yu. et al. (2013) Hybrid welding of titanium alloys with Nd:YAG laser radiation and arc with nonconsumable electrode. In: Proc. of Int. Conf. on Laser Technologies in Welding and Materials Processing, 96-100. Kiev: IAW.
8. Krivtsun, I.V., Shelyagin, V.D., Bushma, A.N. et al. (2013) Ibid., 44-47.
9. Fellouz, J. (1982) Fractography and atlas of fractograms: Refer. Book. Moscow: Metallurgiya.