TPWJ, 2015, #3/4, 49-52 pages
Contribution of professor Evgeny O. Paton to the development of welding materials science and production of high-quality steel
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 3/4, 2015 (March/April)
Electrometallurgical Works «Dneprospetsstal». 81 Yuzhnoe Shosse, 69008, Zaporozhie, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The activity of Professor Evgeny O. Paton is analyzed in investigations of metallurgical processes of submerged arc welding, development of welding consumables and improvement of quality of welded joints. The results of these works were used in development of electroslag technologies. 37 Ref.
welding production, metallurgy, special electrometallurgy, Institute of Electric Welding, welding consumables, history of technology
1. Paton, E.O., Kozlovsky, N.I. (1931) Comparison of riveted and welded trussed girders: Experiences of studies. Kiev: Elektrosv. Kom.
2. Paton, E.O. (1932) Bridge support parts of welded type. Kiev: VUAN Elektr. Kom.
3. (1930) Reports of AUAS Presidium meetings for 1930. In: Central scientific archive of NASU.
4. (1930) Reports of AUAS Presidium meetings for 1931. Organization of electric welding laboratory (at AUAS). Visnyk VUAN, 6, 14.
5. Paton, E.O. (1930) About organizing of Electric Welding Committee at AUAS. Ibid., 6, 25-28.
6. Dyatlov, V.I., Slutska, T.M. (1938) Producing of thick electrode coatings from synthetic slags. Kyiv: AN Ukr.SSR.
7. Dyatlov, V.I., Frumin, I.I., Slutskaya, T.M. (1941) Electrodes of the Institute of Electric Welding of AS of Ukr.SSR. Ed. by E.O. Paton. Kiev: AN Ukr.SSR.
8. Litvinov, A.P. (2008) V.I. Dyatlov is one of the founders of scientific principles of welding. Visnyk Pryazov. DTU, 18, 158-161.
9. Paton, B.E. (1955) State-of-the-art of automatic submerged arc welding as the result of development of N.G. Slavyanov's ideas. In: Proc. of Sci.-Techn. Conf. of Welders, Dedicated to the 100th Anniversary of N.G. Slavyanov. Kiev: Mashgiz.
10. Paton, E.O. (1951) About priority of Soviet science and technology in the field of submerged arc welding. Kiev: IEW.
11. Matijko, M.M. (1960) Development of arc welding in Ukraine. Kyiv: AN Ukr.SSR.
12. Paton, E.O. (1956) Memoirs. Kiev: Khud. Literatura.
13. Chekanov, A.A. (1963) History of automatic electric welding. Moscow: AN USSR.
14. Paton, E.O. (1940) Welding with bare electrode under flux layer. Kharkov: Dom Tekhniki.
15. Paton, E.O. (1942) High-speed automatic submerged arc welding. Moscow; Sverdlovsk: Mashgiz.
16. Kasatkin, B.S. (1981) Metals science of fusion welding. In: Welding in USSR. Vol. 2, 88-107. Moscow: Nauka.
17. Paton, B.E., Makara, A.M. (1944) Experimental study of automatic submerged arc welding process. Kiev: IEW.
18. Paton, B.E. (1945) Development of automatic submerged arc welding during the war years. Elektrichestvo, 3, 3-5.
19. (1948) Collection dedicated to the 75th anniversary and the 50th scientific activity of E.O. Paton. Kiev: AN Ukr.SSR.
20. (1953) Automatic electric arc welding. Ed. by E.O. Paton. Kiev; Moscow: Mashgiz.
21. Paton, E.O. (1950) Development of automatic submerged arc welding during 10 years (1940-1950). Avtogennoe Delo, 2, 1-3.
22. Makara, A.M., Medovar, B.I. (1948) On the nature of primary solidification of weld pool. Ibid., 12, 25-27.
23. Lyubavsky, K.V. (1948) To the problem of interaction of elements and their oxides in weld pool. Ibid., 10, 30-31.
24. Frumin, I.I., Kirdo, I.V., Podgaetsky, V.V. (1949) Formation of pores in welds and effect of flux content on pore susceptibility. Ibid., 10, 1-11.
25. Movchan, B.A. (1953) On some peculiarities of primary solidification of alloyed metal. Avtomatich. Svarka, 3, 3-15.
26. Kasatkin, B.S., Rossoshinsky, A.A. (1956) On the effect of alloying elements on development of chemical heterogeneity of welds. Ibid., 6, 104-108.
27. Medovar, B.I. (1966) Welding of heat-resistant austenitic steels and alloys. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
28. Paton, E.O., Shevernitsky, V.V. (1948) To the problem of welded railway bridges. In: Transact. on automatic submerged arc welding, 1, 7-14.
29. Paton, E.O., Shevernitsky, V.V. (1949) Steel for welded bridges. Ibid., 6, 3-7.
30. (1956) Electroslag welding. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Kiev; Moscow: Mashgiz.
31. (1959) Electroslag welding. Ed. by B.E. Paton. 2nd ed. Kiev; Moscow: Mashgiz.
32. Podgaetsky, V.V. (1984) Fluxes for welding and special electrometallurgy. In: Welding and special electrometallurgy, 188-200. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
33. Paton, B.E., Medovar, B.I. (1978) Future of electroslag technology. In: Problems of electroslag technologies, 7-26. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
34. Paton, B.E., Medovar, B.I., Paton, V.E. (1956) New method of electric casting of ingots. Bull. of Tekhn. Inform. of NTO Mashprom, Issue 1, 3-9.
35. Paton, B.E., Medovar, B.I., Latash, Yu.V. (1958) Electroslag remelting of steels and alloys in copper water-cooled mould. Avtomatich. Svarka, 11, 5-15.
36. Lejbenzon, S.A., Tregubenko, A.F. (1963) Steelmaking by electroslag remelting method. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
37. Medovar, B.I., Latash, Yu.V., Maksimovich, B.I. et al. (1965) Electroslag remelting. Moscow: Metallurgizdat.