TPWJ, 2015, #3/4, 36-41 pages
Experimental investigation of process of plasma-arc wire spraying
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 3/4, 2015 (March/April)
I.P. Gulyaev1, 2, P.Yu. Gulyaev2, V.N. Korzhik3, A.V. Dolmatov2, V.I. Iordan1, 4, I.V. Krivtsun3, M.Yu. Kharlamov3 And A.I. Demianov3
S.A. Khristianovich Institute of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, SB RAS. 4/1 Institutskaya Str., 630090, Novosibirsk, RF. E-mail: email@example.com
State University, Yugra. 16 Chekhov Str., 628012, Khanty-Mansiysk, Tyumen region, RF. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
AltaiStateUniversity. 61 Lenin Ave., 656049, Barnaul, Altai region, RF
Application of current diagnostic systems becomes very important in development of fundamental concepts in area of thermal spraying and obtaining of new experimental data, in particular, on plasma-arc wire spraying. Firmware complex based on machine vision camera and digital spectrometer was proposed for experimental study of process of plasma-arc wire spraying of coatings. Procedure for experimental investigations of given process was developed. Results of measurements of velocity and temperature of dispersed phase particles as well as video of the most typical steps of plasma-arc spraying, including detachment of droplets from wire being sprayed and their breaking in plasma flow, were represented. Distribution of particles being sprayed in size was investigated and its effect on possibilities of temperature changes was analyzed. Experimental data obtained verified theoretical representations on types of flow and decomposition of jet of wire molten metal as well as droplet breaking in plasma jet. 18 Ref., 11 Figures.
thermal spraying, plasma-arc wire spraying, firmware complex, plasma flow, dispersed phase, formation of drops of liquid metal, measurement of particle temperature, process visualization, spectral analysis
1. Korzhik, V.N., Kharlamov, M.Yu., Petrov, S.V. et al. (2011) Technology and equipment of plasma-arc spraying for repair of critical parts of railway transport. Vestnik V. Dal VUNU, 14, 76-82.
2. Pawlowski, L. (2008) Science and engineering of thermal spray coatings. 2nd ed. John Wiley & Sons. printdoireflink('https://doi.org/10.1002/9780470754085'); ?>
3. Nigmatulin, R.I. (1987) Dynamics of multiphase media. Pt1. Moscow: Nauka.
4. Mauer, G., Vassen, R., Stoever, D. (2007) Comparison and applications of DPV-2000 and accura-spray-g3 diagnostic systems. J. Thermal Spray Technology, 16(3), 414--424. printdoireflink('https://doi.org/10.1007/s11666-007-9047-2'); ?>
5. Schwenk, A., Wank, A., Wallendorf, T. et al. (2010) NIR (Near-Infra-Red) sensor - An alternative diagnostic tool for the online process control of thermal spray processes. In: Proc. of Int. Thermal Spray Conf. (Singapore, 2010), 120-123.
6. Marchand, O., Bertrand, G., Planche, M.P. (2009) Particle image velocimetry diagnostics for suspension plasma spraying. In: Proc. of Int. Thermal Spray Conf. (4-5 May, 2009, Las Vegas, USA), 855-860.
7. Zimmermann, S., Vogli, E., Kauffeldt, M. et al. (2010) Supervision and measuring of particle parameters during the wire-arc spraying process with the diagnostic systems Accuraspray-g3 and LDA. (Laser-Doppler-Anemometry). J. Thermal Spray Technology, 19(4), 745-755. printdoireflink('https://doi.org/10.1007/s11666-009-9466-3'); ?>
8. Boronenko, M.P., Gulyaev, I.P., Gulyaev, P.Yu. et al. (2013) Methods of control of temperature and velocity of condensed phase particle during plasma-arc spraying. Fundament. Issledovan., 10(6), 1194-1199.
9. Gulyaev, P.Yu., Dolmatov, A.V., Popov, V.A. et al. (2012) Methods of optical diagnostics of particles in high-temperature flows. Polzunovsky Vestnik, 1/2, 4--7.
10. Dolmatov, A.V., Ermakov, K.A., Lavrikov, V.V. et al. (2012) Complex of automated calibration of thermal image system on the base of MATLAB. Vestnik YugorskGU, 25(2), 59-63.
11. Dolmatov, A.V., Gulyaev, I.P., Imamov, R.R. (2014) Spectral pyrometer for control of temperature in process of thermosynthesis. Ibid., 33(2), 32-42.
12. Boronenko, M.P., Gulyaev, I.P., Gulyaev, P.Yu. et al. (2014) Evaluation of velocity and temperature of dispersed phase in plasma-arc spraying jets. Fundament. Issledovan., 10(11), 2135-2140.
13. Gulyaev, I.P., Solonenko, O.P., Smirnov, A.V. et al. Method for determination of temperature distribution of condensed phase particles in two-phase plasma flow. Pat. 2383873 RF. Int. Cl.G01J 3/30. Publ. 10.03.2010.
14. Gulyaev, I.P., Ermakov, K.A., Gulyaev, P.Yu. (2014) New high-speed combination of spectroscopic and brightness pyrometry for studying particles temperature distribution in plasma jets. Europ. Researcher, 71(3/2), 564-570.
15. Kharlamov, M.Yu., Krivtsun, I.V., Korzhyk, V.N. (2014) Dynamic model of the wire dispersion process in plasma-arc spraying. J. Thermal Spray Technology, 23(3), 420-430. printdoireflink('https://doi.org/10.1007/s11666-013-0027-4'); ?>
16. Magunov, A.N. (2010) Spectral pyrometry of objects with inhomogeneous temperature. Zhurnal Tekhnich. Fiziki, 80(7), 78-82.
17. Zhao, H., Ladommatos, N. (1998) Optical diagnostics for soot and temperature measurement in diesel engines. Progress in Energy and Combustion Sci., 24(3), 221-255. printdoireflink('https://doi.org/10.1016/S0360-1285(97)00033-6'); ?>
18. Lu, G., Yan, Y. (2006) Temperature profiling of pulverized coal flames using multicolor pyrometric and digital imaging techniques. IEEE Transact. on Instrumentation and Measurement, 55(4), 1303-1308. printdoireflink('https://doi.org/10.1109/TIM.2006.876393'); ?>