TPWJ, 2015, #3/4, 24-35 pages
Asynchronous exciters and stabilizers of welding arc. analysis and design procedure. Part 1
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 3/4, 2015 (March/April)
N.M. Makhlin1 And A.E. Korotynsky2
SE REC Welding Control in Power Engineering of E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Issues of circuit engineering and analysis of processes in electronic voltage boosters of asynchronous type with series switching-in of main and pilot arcs are considered. They have configuration of forming circuit, in which capacitive storage and inductance of primary winding of pulse step-up transformer have series connection, and switching key of the circuit is switched on in parallel to this connection. The first part of work describes circuit engineering solutions for imbedded asynchronous exciters and stabilizers of arcing process for charging devices based on key scheme with dosing reactor and diode-capacitor voltage multiplier. Analysis of arcing process in circuits of these functional assemblies of asynchronous exciters and stabilizers was performed using equations known in theoretical electric engineering. Engineering procedure of design of main components of charging devices for asynchronous exciters and stabilizers of arcing process as well as recommendations on selection of their element base are proposed based on equation solutions. 28 Ref., 3 Tables, 9 Figures.
arc and plasma welding, initial arc excitation, repeated arc ignitions, electronic arc exciters, spark discharge, series connection, design procedure, recommendations
1. Pentegov, I.V. (1982) Principles of theory of charge circuits of capacitor storage. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
2. (1986) Arc welding equipment: Refer. Book. Ed. by V.V. Smirnov. Leningrad: Energoatomizdat.
3. Temkin, B.Ya. (1981) Theory and calculation of welding arc exciters: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Leningrad.
4. Balakin, S.V. Method of excitation of oscillations in electric circuit and device for its realization. Pat. 2127482 RU. Publ. 10.03.1999.
5. Moin, V.S., Laptev, N.N. (1972) Stabilized transistor converters. Moscow: Energiya.
6. Gottlieb, I.M. (2002) Power supplies, switching requlators, inverters and converters. Moscow: Postmarket.
7. Severns, R., Bloom, G. (1988) Pulse converters of direct voltage for systems of secondary power supply. Moscow: Energoatomizdat.
8. Polikarpov, A.G. (1975) Pulse controllers of direct voltage for secondary power supplies. Trydu MEI, Issue 275, 69-75.
9. He, Y., Luo, F.L. (2005) Analysis of Luo converters with voltage-lift circuit. IEE Proc. on Electr. Power Appl., 152(5), 1239-1252. https://doi.org/10.1049/ip-epa:20045176
10. (2008) Theoretical principles of electrical engineering: Refer. Book on theory of electric circuits. Ed. by Yu.A. Bychkov et al. St.-Petersburg: Piter.
11. Levinshtejn, L.M. (1972) Operational calculus in problems of electrical engineering. Leningrad: Energiya.
12. Paton, B.E., Zaruba, I.I., Dymenko, V.V. et al. (2007) Welding power sources with pulse stabilization of arcing. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
13. Makhlin, N.M., Korotynsky, A.E. (2014) Analysis and procedure of calculation of series connection electronic devices for contactless arc excitation. The Paton Welding J., 1, 30-40. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.01.05
14. Baev, E.F., Fomenko, L.A., Tsymbalyuk, V.S. (1976) Inductive elements with ferromagnetic cores. Moscow: Sov. Radio.
15. (1985) Portable transformers and chokes: Refer. Book. Ed. by I.N. Sidorov et al. Moscow: Radio i Svyaz.
16. Kalantarov, P.L., Tsejtlin, L.A. (1986) Calculation of inductances: Refer. Book. Leningrad: Energoatomizdat.
17. (1988) Reference book on electrotechnical materials. Ed. by Yu.V. Koritsky et al. 3rd ed. Leningrad: Energoatomizdat.
18. http://www.dart.ru/cataloguenewresistors/ty/ht ml/cement.shtml
21. Sadchenkov, D. (2000) Voltage multipliers. Radio, 10, 31-33.
22. Balabukh, A.I. (1984) Power sources with voltage multipliers for electron beam technology. Izvestiya Vuzov SSSR. Elektromechanika, 9, 113-117.
23. Kostikov, V.G., Nikitin, I.E. (1986) High-voltage power sources of radioelectronics. Moscow: Radio i Svyaz.
24. Blinov, Yu.I., Balabukh, A.I., Vasiliev, A.G. (2004) Effect of voltage shape of input source on operating conditions of voltage multiplier. Izvestiya St.-P. GETU LETI, Issue 1, 54-56.
25. Khrechkov, N.G. (2006) Dynamic characteristics of voltage multipliers of high-voltage electrical engineering systems: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Saratov.
26. Tsariashvili, A.A. (2014) Peculiarities of operation of voltage multipliers in supply by various shape voltage and frequency. URL:http://www.online-electri c.ru/articles
28. Makhlin, N.M., Korotynsky, A.E., Bogdanovsky, V.A et al. (2011) Single- and multioperator systems for automatic welding of position butt joints of nuclear power plant piping. The Paton Welding J., 11, 28-36.