“The Paton Welding Journal” #08_2023 will be freely distributed from 11 to 15 September during the exhibition SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN 2023, Messe Essen, Norbertstrasse 2, Essen, Germany at the stand of the Paton Welding Institute: Hall 8 Stand 8B29.1.
You can also order this issue of the Journal in electronic form for free.
Send applications to E-mail: email@example.com
Contents of the issue
E.O.Paton Electric Welding Institute of NASU, 11 Kazimir Malevich str., Kiev-150, 03680, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Abstract: Intensive application of acoustic emission at evaluation of the condition of structures in service necessitates further development of the methods, based on this phenomenon, for the case of calculation of the strength of the material being controlled. Some procedures in this area have already been developed, mastered and are used with success in long-term monitoring. However, the peculiarities of structure service, their diversity as to shapes and materials, as well as increase of requirements to accuracy and reliability of evaluations, necessitate continuation of studies in this area. It becomes particularly significant now, when systems of continuous monitoring of the technical state of constructions started acquiring great importance. 40 Ref., 9 Fig.
Keywords: acoustic emission, plastic deformation, procedure of evaluation of damage accumulation, strength calculation, monitoring, fracture
References 1. Balderston H. L. (1971) The broad range detection of incipient failure using the acoustic emission phenomena. A symposium presented at the December Committee Week American Sosiety for Testing and Materials. Bal Harbour, 7–8 December, pp. 297–317.
2. Stone D. E., Dingwall P. F. (1977) Acoustic Emission parameters and their interpretation. NDT international, 10, 51–56. https://doi.org/10.1016/0308-9126(77)90079-7 3. Gillis P. P. (1971) Dislocation motions and acoustic emission. A symposium presented at the December Committee Week American Sosiety for Testing and Materials. Bal Harbour, 7–8 December, pp. 20–29.
4. Nakamura Yosio, Veach C. L., McCauley B. O. (1971) Amplitude distribution of acoustic emission signals. A symposium presented at the December Committee Week American Sosiety for Testing and Materials. Bal Harbour, 7–8 December, pp. 164–186.
5. Nishinoiri S., Enoki M., Tomita K. (2002) Evaluation of Microfracture Mode in Ceramic Coating during Thermal Cycle Test using Laser AE Technique. Materials Transactions, 45-1, 92–101.
6. Tetelman A. S., Chow R. (1971) Acoustic emission testing and micro cracking processes. A symposium presented at the December Committee Week American Sosiety for Testing and Materials. Bal Harbour, 7–8 December, pp. 30–40.
7. Andrejkiv, A.E., Lysak, R.V. (1989) EA method in investigation of failure processes. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
8. Berezina, T.G. (1985) Investigation of regularities of fracture development at creep of thermally-stable steels. Problemy Prochnosti, 8, 48–52 [in Russian].
9. Berezina, T.G., Bugaj, N.V., Trunin, I.I. (1991) Diagnostics and prediction of fatigue life of metal of heat power plants. Kiev, Tekhnika [in Russian].
10. Bridgman, P. (1955) Investigation of high plastic deformations and rupture. Moscow, Izd-vo Inostr. Lit. [in Russian].
11. Veksler, E.A., Zaplotinskii, I.A., Zamekula, I.V., Tolstov, V.Yu. (2007) Technical diagnostics of the piping of high-pressure heaters of 100-300 mW blocks during long-term operation. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 2, 17–20 [in Russian].
12. Lebedev, A.A., Chausov, N.G. (1988) Express method for evaluation of crack resistance of ductile materials. Kiev, NASU [in Russian].
13. Mints, I.I., Berezina, T.G., Khodykina, L.E. (1974) Examination of fine structure and process of pore formation in 12Kh1MF steel at creep. Fizika Metallov i Metallovedenie, 37(4), 823–876 [in Russian].
14. Nazarchuk, Z.T. , Skalskii, V.R. (2009) Acoustic emission diagnostics of structural elements. In: Sci..-Techn. refer. book. Vol. 1, 2, 3. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Ukrainian].
15. Nedoseka, A.Ya. (2008) Principles of design and diagnostics of welded structures. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Kiev, Indprom [in Russian].
16. Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A. (2014) Features of application of acoustic emission method at destructive testing of materials. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 2, 3-11 [in Russian].
17. Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A., Markashova, L.I., Kushnareva, O.S. (2017) Accumulation of damages in materials during fracture. Ibid., 3, 3–13 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2017.03.01 18. Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A., Markashova, L.I., Kushnareva, O.S. (2016) On identification of structural changes in materials at fracture by acoustic emission data. Ibid., 4, 9-13 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2016.04.02 19. Nedoseka, S.A. (1992) Method of acoustic emission as an effective means of material fracture kinetics at the stages of crack initiation and propagation (Review). Ibid., 3, 26–34 [in Russian].
20. Nedoseka, S.A. (2007) Forecasting the fracture by the data of acoustic emission. Ibid., 2, 3-9 [in Russian].
21. Nedoseka, A.Ya. (2013) Software of AE diagnostic systems EMA-3.9. Ibid., 3, 16–22 [in Russian].
22. Skalsky, V.R. (2003) Evaluation of accumulation of bulk damage in solids, based on acoustic emission signals. Ibid., 4, 29–36 [in Ukrainian].
23. Skalskii,V.R., Mokrii, O.M. (2018) Evaluation of damage level in ferritic-pearlitic steels by the value of the change of longitudinal acoustic wave velocity. Ibid., 1, 3–7 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2018.01.01 24. Strizhalo, V.O., Stasjuk, S.Z. (2015) Expert evaluation of technical condition of process piping with hydrogen-containing media. Ibid., 4, 7–13 [in Ukrainian].
25. Stasyuk, S.Z. (2018) Monitoring the technical condition of process piping at long-term operation in hydrogen-containing working medium. Ibid., 1, 8–20 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2018.01.02 26. Technical diagnostics. Terms and definitions. GOST 20911-89 [in Russian].
27. Chausov, N.G., Nedoseka, S.A., Lebedev, A.A. (1993) Acoustic emission investigation of the kinetics of steel fracture at final stages of deformation. Problemy Prochnosti, 12, 14–21 [in Russian].
28. Cherepanov, G.P. (1990) Quantum fracture mechanics. Ibid., 2, 3–9 [in Russian].
29.(2015) 68th Annual Assembly of the International Institute of welding – IIW 2015, Ibid., 4, 58 [in Russian].
30. Vasiliev, O.S., Gruzd, A.A., Yolkin, A.O. et al. (2012) 10 years of experience of introduction of continuous acoustic emission monitoring in ammonia storages at Odessa port plant. Khimichna Promyslovist Ukrainy, 3, 43–52 [in Ukrainian].
31. Hartbower, C. E., Reuter, W. G., Morais, C. F, Crimmins, P. P. (1971) Use of acoustic emission for the detection of weld and stress corrosion cracking. In: Proc. of Symposium presented at the December Committee Week American Society for Testing and Materials (Bal Harbour, 7–8 December),187–221.
32. Paton, B. E., Nedoseka, A. J. ( 1999) Diagnostics of designs and safety of an environment. In: Report on Int. Conf. on The Human Factor and Environment, IIW (July 19–20 1999, Lisbon, Portugal).
33. Kishi, T., Jhtsu, M., Yuyama, S. (2000) Eds. Acoustic Emission – Beyond the Millennium, Elsevier Science Ltd.
34. Bigus, G.A., Strelkov, P.B. (2005) Investigation of acousto-emission signals in deformation and fracture of samples of steel 22K. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 10–15 [in Russian].
35. Lebedev, A.A., Nedoseka, S.A., Muzyka, N.R., Volchek, N.L. (2003) Evaluation of the condition of pipe metal after long-term operation in the main gas pipeline system. Ibid., 2, 3–8 [in Russian].
36. Nedoseka, S.A., Nedoseka, A.Ya. (2005) Diagnostic systems of EMA family. Main principles and architectural features (Review), Ibid., 3, 20–26 [in Russian].
37. Paton, B.E., Lobanov, L.M., Nedoseka, A.Ya. et al. (2014) On application of AE technology at continuous monitoring of piping of power units operating at high temperature. Ibid., 3, 7–14 [in Russian].
38. Paton, B.E., Lobanov, L.M., Nedoseka, A.Ya. et al. (2016) Smart technologies for evaluation of structure state (AE technologies and new generation control equipment on its basis). Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 2, 3–18 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2016.02.01 39. Malinin, N.N. (1968) Applied theory of plasticity and creep. In: Manual for students of higher education institutes. Ed. by S.D. Ponomarev. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
40. Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A., Yaremenko, M.A., Ovsienko, M.A. (2018) Application of the technology of acoustic emission monitoring at evaluation of the condition of vessels in chemical production. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 34-41 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2018.01.05