Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #1, 2022, pp. 31-38
Evaluation of the possibility of applying a change in the distribution of acoustic emission parameters to improve determination of material state
S.A. Nedoseka, A.Ya. Nedoseka, M.A. Yaremenko, O.I. Boichuk, M.A. Ovsienko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of NASU. 11 Kazymyr Malevych str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ensuring trouble-free operation of structures and constructions is an extremely important and urgent task. That is why scientists pay a
lot of attention to development of new methods, equipment and procedural materials for their implementation in industry. Particular
attention is given to the state of material of the structures and constructions for timely decision taking and avoiding accidents
or emergencies. Investigation of changes of acoustic emission (AE) parameters at different stages of testing material samples is
conducted. Development of approaches to analysis of the distribution of AE event parameters is presented in the work. Informative
parameters the distributions of which need to be studied, were tentatively determined, proceeding from analysis of the data of
numerous investigations of different materials. Developed algorithms and determined means for setting up analysis of distribution of
AE event parameters were introduced into the working part and visual interface of EMA-3.92 program. It is established that changes
of AE parameters have certain regularities which is demonstrated by the results of testing samples from 17GS steel, and they can be
used for assessment of the state of materials, when performing AE control and monitoring. Ref. 15, Tabl. 1, Fig. 11.
acoustic emission, distribution type, parameter change, material samples, mechanical testing
1. Ono, K. (2015) Review on Structural Health Evaluation with Acoustic Emission. Appl. Sci., 8, 958. https://doi.org/10.3390/app8060958
2. Gholizadeh, S., Leman, Z., Baharudin, B.T.H.T. (2015) A review of the application of acoustic emission technique in engineering. Struct. Eng. Mech., 54, 1075-1095. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2015.54.6.1075
3. Eaton, M., Pearson, M., Lee, W., Pullin, R. (2015) Accurate damage location in complex composite structures and industrial environments using acoustic emission. Proc. J. Phys. Conf. Ser., 628, 012105. https://doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/628/1/012105
4. Nazarchuk, Z., Skalskyi, V., Serhiyenko, O. (2017) Acoustic Emission: Methodology and Application. Springer, Cham, Switzerland, ISBN 978-3-319-49350-3. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-49350-3
5. Zhuravlyov, S.V., Obodovskyi, B.M., Yaremenko, M.A., Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A., Ovsienko, M.A. (2021) Introduction of the technology of AE monitoring at OPP. Tekh. Diahnost. ta Neruiniv. Kontrol, 3, 26-32 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.37434/tdnk2021.03.03
6. Skalskyi, V.R. (2016) Phenomenon of acoustic emission in evaluation of structural element damage. Visnyk NAN Ukrainy, 2, 59-66 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/visn2016.02.059
7. Nedoseka, S.A., Nedoseka, A.Ya., Yaremenko, M.A. et. al. (2021) Integration of AE method into the technology of repair and extension of life of metal structures. Tekh. Diahnost. ta Neruiniv. Kontrol, 1, 11-16 [in Ukrainian] https://doi.org/10.37434/tdnk2021.01.02
8. Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A., Yaremenko, M.A., Ovsienko, M.A. (2018) Application of the technology of acoustic emission monitoring at evaluation of the condition of vessels in chemical production. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 34-41 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2018.01.05
9. Paton, B.E., Lobanov, L.M., Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A. (2018) On the application of AE technology in continuous monitoring of pipelines of power units operating at high temperatures. International Journal of Condition Мonitoring, Vol. 8, 100-105. https://doi.org/10.1784/204764218824811570
10. Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A., Yaremenko, M.A., Ovsienko, M.A. et al. (2019) Peculiarities of AE diagnostics. Technology, equipment and algorithms. Tekh. Diagnost. i Nerazrush. Kontrol, 1, 3-12 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/tdnk2019.01.01
11. Nedoseka, A.Ya., Nedoseka, S.A., Yaremenko, M.A. et al. (2013) Sowtware of AE diagnostic system EMA-3.9. Ibid., 3, 16-22 [in Russian].
12. (2004) MPU 002/10-22-2004. Metrology. AE diagnostic complex (electronic part). Verification procedure. Kyiv, Ukrmetrteststandart [in Ukrainian].
13. Stone, D.E., Dingwall, P.F. (1977) Acoustic Emission parameters and their interpretation. NDT international, 10, 51-56. https://doi.org/10.1016/0308-9126(77)90079-7
14. Shenk, H. (1972) Theory of engineering experiment. Moscow, Mir [in Russian].
15. Feller, V. (1984) Introduction to probability theory and its application. Moscow, Mir [in Russian].
Advertising in this issue: