Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The author presents an original manuscript. The article has not been published before and is not currently under consideration in another journal.
- The author is responsible for the novelty and reliability of the results of scientific research.
- The author guarantees the correct composition of the list of co-authors of the work who have made a significant intellectual contribution to the preparation of the presented work.
- The author guarantees that in case of using fragments of other works and/or borrowing statements of other authors, the article contains the relevant bibliographic references with the obligatory indication of the author and the original source.
- The manuscript does not contain excessive borrowing, and plagiarism in any form, including unmarked quotations, paraphrasing or appropriating rights to the results of other people's research, which are unethical and unacceptable actions.
- The author guarantees the absence of conflicts of interest that may affect the results of the study or their interpretation.
- The author is acquainted with and agrees with the terms of the License Agreement for the use of the work.
- All materials in format and content meet the requirements of the journal.
- When referring to the materials of the journal, use the following abbreviated name of “The Paton Welding Journal” – The Paton Welding J.
“The Paton Welding Journal” publishes articles and short reports containing information about research, technical developments, know-how in various fields of welding and allied processes. Articles in English languages are accepted for publication in the journal. Materials published in the journal are subject to mandatory peer review.
The cost of publication
The cost of publishing materials in “The Paton Welding Journal” is:
- for employees of any institutions of Ukraine: free of charge;
- for employees of foreign institutions: 200 Euros.
- advanced technologies of welding and joining of materials,
- automation of welding and related processes,
- strength, reliability and life of welded structures,
- nano-structured systems, nano-technologies and nano-materials,
- surfacing, coating deposition and surface treatment technologies,
- special electrometallurgy processes,
- materials, equipment and technologies for medicine,
- mathematical modeling of welding and related processes,
- material science of welding and related processes,
- technical diagnostics and non-destructive testing.
Submission of the manuscript
The manuscript of the article is submitted electronically by e-mail.
When submitting a manuscript, be sure to indicate information about all authors in English: first and last name, place of work (the name of the institution must be indicated in full without abbreviations), ORCID (in Latin letters as a link, for example, https://orcid.org/0000-0001-0002-000X). The order of authors should correspond to the order in the manuscript.
1. The manuscript of the article (full version in English: authors, ORCID, institution, title of the article, abstract and keywords; text of the article; bibliography in English; figures and captions for them). The file name must be in Latin letters .
2. Figures. The file name must match the ordinal numbering of the figures .
3. License agreement for the use of the work signed by all co-authors (License Agreement form PDF). The license agreement enters into force upon acceptance of the article for publication. The signing of the license agreement by the author(s) means that they are familiar with and agree to the terms of the agreement.
4. Information about each of the authors: surname, first name, patronymic in full, position, place of work, academic title, scientific degree, contact information (phone, e-mail address), ORCID code (required).
Requirements for article
The following information is provided in English languages at the beginning of the article:
I) initials and surname(s) of the author(s) and the ORCID of each of the authors;
II) the official name of the institution, full postal address, telephone number, e-mail address of the institution;
III) the title of the article;
IV) abstract of the article, 1800-2000 characters. The abstract should reflect the consistent logic of presenting the results, describe the main purpose of the study and summarize the most significant results. It is necessary to highlight and indicate the structural parts: Introduction, Problem Statement, Purpose, Materials and Methods, Results, Conclusions.
V) keywords, no more than 8 words.
Total volume of the manuscript: article—up to 20 pages, number of figures—up to 10; short report—up to 5 pages, number of figures—up to 5. The text of the manuscript should be structured in the following sections: Introduction that outlines the problem statement, relevance of the chosen topic, analysis of recent research and publications, purpose and objectives; Presentation of the main research material and its main results, it is necessary to give the obtained scientific facts, methods of obtaining and analysis of the actual material; Conclusions that summarize the work, scientific novelty and prospects for further research in this area; Funding of the work that provides information on the source of funding, grants and any other financial support for research, the section should use only the full names of research institutions and sponsoring organizations; Acknowledgments that provide general information about any assistance in conducting research and preparing the article; information on conducting research in collective use centers; as well as everything else that is assessed as useful assistance, but is not sufficient to be considered a contribution to the authorship of the work; References.
Article text. MS Word (*.dos) word processor should be used for typing the text. The text size must be 12 points at one and a half intervals on A4 format paper. The title of the article, titles of the sections are typed in capital letters and highlighted in bold. It is necessary to provide definitions of values or abbreviations that are first used in the text, and then use the corresponding term.
Tables must be designed using the MS Word spreadsheet editor and presented in the text after the first reference to the table with its number and name.
Formulas must be typed in MathType formula editors.
Figures must be submitted in separate files in *.tiff format with a resolution of at least 300 dpi, no more than 160×200 mm in size. Figures are numbered in the order of their placement in the text, parts of the figures are denoted by letters: a, b, .... The size of the text in the figures must be 10 points. On the graphs, the units of measurement are indicated over a comma. Figures made with the help of software packages for mathematical and statistical processing must be converted to the above graphic format. Photos must be submitted in *.tiff format with a resolution of at least 300 dpi. Captions and texts in graphic files should be in the form of curves.Captions to the figures are given in the manuscript after the list of references.
The list of references should be given at the end of the article. References to literary sources (books (monographs, etc.), articles from scientific periodicals, conference proceedings, patents and copyright certificates, dissertations or abstracts, electronic resources) are numbered sequentially, in the order of their citation in the text of the article. References to unpublished works are not allowed.
Titles of articles, monographs, collections of works, theses of reports, dissertation abstracts and preprints must be indicated in full. For articles, it is obligatory to give surnames of all co-authors, the title of the publication, year, volume, number, start and end pages; for monographs, place of publication (indicate the full name of the city), year of publication, total number of pages.
REFERENCES is a list of sources into English. The names of periodicals (journals) are given in accordance with their official Latin spelling by ISSN registration number.
Articles submitted without complying with the requirements of the editorial board will not be considered for review.
The authors are responsible for the accuracy of information, facts and other information, references to regulations, citations and spelling of proper names.
Authors published in the journal “The Paton Welding Journal” agree to the following conditions:
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal the right of first publication.
Authors may enter into separate, additional contractual agreements for non-exclusive distribution of the version of their work (article) published in the journal “The Paton Welding Journal” (for example, place it in an institutional repository or publish in their book), while confirming its initial publication in the journal “The Paton Welding Journal” Authors are allowed to place their work on the Internet (for example, in institutional repositories or on their website).
The names and email addresses will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.