“The Paton Welding Journal” #08_2023 will be freely distributed from 11 to 15 September during the exhibition SCHWEISSEN & SCHNEIDEN 2023, Messe Essen, Norbertstrasse 2, Essen, Germany at the stand of the Paton Welding Institute: Hall 8 Stand 8B29.1.
You can also order this issue of the Journal in electronic form for free.
Send applications to E-mail: email@example.com
Contents of the issue
Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing 2022 №02
Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing #2, 2022, pp. 11-19
Features of analysis of the technical state and support of reliability of the main gas pipelines at transportation of gashydrogen mixtures (Review)
O.S. Milenin, O.A. Velikoivanenko, G.P. Rozynka, N.I. Pivtorak
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of NASU. 11 Kazymyr Malevych str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Analytical review of the features of operation, expert analysis of the technical condition, and support of the reliability of the
main gas pipelines at transportation of natural gas and hydrogen mixtures through them was performed. Proceeding from
modern concepts of hydrogen degradation of pipe steels, conditions are considered which are required for safe use of the
currently available gas transportation system for this purpose, in particular, with different hydrogen concentration in the mixture.
Additional requirements were formulated as to evaluation of the acceptability of typical defects, and procedure of their repair
by pressure welding methods. 33 Ref., 2 Tabl., 4 Fig.
Keywords: gas-hydrogen mixture, main gas pipeline, hydrogen degradation, technical state, technical state, reliability, repair
1. Golombek, R., Lind, A., Ringkjøb, H.-K., Seljom, P. (2022) The role of transmission and energy storage in European decarbonization towards 2050. Energy, 239, Part C, 122159. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2021.122159 2. (2022) Rising to the challenge of a hydrogen economy. Report. Norway, DNV.
3. Gondal, I.A. (2016) Hydrogen transportation by pipelines. Compendium of Hydrogen Energy. Volume 2: Hydrogen Storage, Transportation and Infrastructure. UK, Woodhead Publishing. 301-322. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-1-78242-362-1.00012-2 4. Quarton, C.J., Samsatli, S. (2018) Power-to-gas for injection into the gas grid: What can we learn from real-life projects, economic assessments and systems modelling? Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 98, 302-316. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2018.09.007 5. Melaina, M.W., Penev, M., Zuboy, J. (2015) Hydrogen Blending in Natural Gas Pipelines. Handbook of Clean Energy Systems. USA, John Wiley & Sons Ltd. https://doi.org/10.1002/9781118991978.hces205 6. Martin, M.L., Connolly, M., Buck, Z.N. et al. (2022) Evaluating a natural gas pipeline steel for blended hydrogen service. Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, 101, 104529. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jngse.2022.104529 7. Ishaq, H., Dincer, I. (2020) A comprehensive study on using new hydrogen-natural gas and ammonia-natural gas blends for better performance. Ibid, 81, 103362. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jngse.2020.103362 8. Nykyforchyn, H., Unigovskyi, L., Zvirko, O. et al. (2021) Pipeline durability and integrity issues at hydrogen transport via natural gas distribution network. Procedia Structural Integrity, 33, 646-651. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prostr.2021.10.071 9. Nechaiev, Yu.S. (2008) Physical complex problems of aging, embrittlement and fracture of metallic materials of hydrogen energy and main pipelines. Uspekhi Fizicheskikh Nauk, 178(7), 709-726 [in Russian].
10. Sun, Y., Cheng, Y.F. (2022) Hydrogen-induced degradation of high-strength steel pipeline welds: A critical review. Engineering Failure Analysis, 133, 105985. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2021.105985 11. Li, W., Cao, R., Xu, L., Qiao, L. (2021) The role of hydrogen in the corrosion and cracking of steels - a review. Corrosion Communications, 4, 23-32. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.corcom.2021.10.005 12. Esaklul, K.A. (2017) Hydrogen damage. Trends in Oil and Gas Corrosion Research and Technologies Production and Transmission. UK, Woodhead Publishing, 315-340. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-08-101105-8.00013-9 13. Zhou, D., Li, T., Huang, D. et al. (2021) The experiment study to assess the impact of hydrogen blended natural gas on the tensile properties and damage mechanism of X80 pipeline steel. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 46, 10, 7402-7414. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2020.11.267 14. Dmytrakh, I., Syrotyuk, A., Leshchak, R. (2022) Specific mechanism of hydrogen influence on deformability and fracture of low-alloyed pipeline steel. Procedia Structural Integrity, Vol. 36, 298-305. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prostr.2022.01.038 15. Kryzhanivskyi, Ye.I., Taraievskyi, O.S., Petryna, D.Yu. (2005) Influence of flooding on corrosion-mechanical properties of welds of gas pipelines. Rozvidka ta Rozrobka Naftovykh i Gazovykh Rodovyshch, 1(14), 29-34 [in Ukrainian].
16. Nykyforchyn, H., Lunarska, E., Tsyrulnyk, O.T., Nikiforov, K., Petryna, D., Sydor, P. (2009) Influence of service dispersed damage on regularities of degradation of structural steel properties. Visnyk TDTU, 14(4), 38-45 [in Ukrainian].
17. Nykyforchyn, H., Lunarska, E., Tsyrulnyk, O.T. et al. (2010) Environmentally assisted «in-bulk» steel degradation of long term service gas trunkline. Engineering Failure Analysis, 17, 3, 624-632. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2009.04.007 18. Kryzhanivskyi, Ye.I., Nykyforchyn, H. (2011) Peculiarities of corrosion-hydrogen degradation of steels of oil and gas pipelines and oil storage tanks. Fizyko-Khimichna Mekhanika Materialiv, 2, 11-20 [in Ukrainian].
19. Doroshenko, Ya.V. (2020) Modeling of gas leakage from gas pipelines in emergency situation. Visnyk VPI, 3, 22-28 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.31649/1997-9266-2020-150-3-22-28 20. Li, X., Wang, J., Abbassi, R., Chen, G. (2022) A risk assessment framework considering uncertainty for corrosion-induced natural gas pipeline accidents. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries, 75, 104718. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jlp.2021.104718 21. Melaina, M.W., Antonia, O., Penev, M. (2013) Blending Hydrogen into Natural Gas Pipeline Networks: A Review of Key Issues. Technical Report. National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Denver West Parkway Golden, Colorado. https://doi.org/10.2172/1068610 22. (2005) СНиП 2.05.06-85. Магистральные трубопроводы. Строительные нормы и правила. М., ФГУП ЦПП.
23. Murakami, Y. (2019) Hydrogen embrittlement. Metal Fatigue. Effects of Small Defects and Nonmetallic Inclusions. Second Edition. USA, Academic Press, 567-607. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-12-813876-2.00021-2 24. Xie, M., Tian, Z. (2018) A review on pipeline integrity management utilizing in-line inspection data. Engineering Failure Analysis, 92, 222-239. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2018.05.010 25. Barker, T. (2020) In-line Inspection Tool Design and Assessment of Hydrogen Pipelines. TDW - PPSA Seminar. 17-18 November 2020, UK, Pigging Products & Services Association, 41-45.
26. Sagawa, M., Une, Y. (2022) The status of sintered NdFeB magnets. Modern Permanent Magnets. UK, Woodhead Publishing, 135-168. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-323-88658-1.00010-8 27. (2008) DSTU-N B V.2.3-21:2008. Directive. Determination of residual strength of main pipelines with defects. Kyiv, Ministry of Regional Development and Construction of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
28. Raja, V.S., Shoji, T. (2011) Stress Corrosion Cracking. Theory and Practice. UK, Woodhead Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1533/9780857093769 29. Xu, K. (2012) Hydrogen embrittlement of carbon steels and their welds. Gaseous Hydrogen Embrittlement of Materials in Energy Technologies, 2, UK, Woodhead Publishing, 526-561. https://doi.org/10.1533/9780857093899.3.526 30. Milenin, A.S. (2013) On planning of repair of pressurized main pipelines based on the results of in-pipe diagnostics. The Paton Welding J., 5, 29-38 [in Ukrainian].
31. (2011) GBN V.3.1-00013741-12:2011. Main pipelines. Arc welding repair in service conditions. Kyiv, PWI [in Ukrainian].
32. Makhnenko, V.I., Milenin, A.S., Olejnik, O.I. (2011) Current problems of repair of overland main pipelines without taking them out of service. In: Proc. of Sci.-Techn. Seminar on Assurance of Service Reliability of Pipeline Transportation Systems (Kyiv, Ukraine, 10-11 June 2011). PWI, 13-20 [in Russian].
33. Petryna, D.Yu., Kozak, O.L., Petryna, Yu.D. (2013) Corrosion-mechanical properties of main pipeline welded joints. Rozvidka ta Rozrobka Naftovykh i Gazovykh Rodovyshch, 1(46), 37-49 [in Ukrainian].
O.S. Milenin, O.A. Velikoivanenko, G.P. Rozynka, N.I. Pivtorak Features of analysis of the technical state and support of reliability of the main gas pipelines at transportation of gashydrogen mixtures (Review) Technical Diagnostics and Non-Destructive Testing №02 2022 p.11-19
The cost of article: 140 UAH,7 $,7 €. (one article)