The Paton Welding Journal, 2011, #5, 13-19 pages
STRENGTH AND FEATURES OF FRACTURE OF WELDED JOINTS ON HIGH-STRENGTH ALUMINIUM ALLOYS AT LOW TEMPERATURE
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
The regularities of variation in strength values of nonconsumable electrode welded joints on aluminium alloys of different alloying systems at low temperature (down to 20 K) were analyzed. Peculiarities of their fracture in different heat-affected zones are noted.
aluminium alloys, nonconsumable electrode argon-arc welding, welded joints, strength, failure, low testing temperature, fractures
1. (1967) Aluminium alloys at low temperatures. Ed. by I.N. Fridlyander. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
2. Ishchenko, A.Ya., Labur, T.M., Bernadsky, V.N. et al. (2006) Aluminium and its alloys in current welded structures. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
3. Krivov, G.A., Ryabov, V.R., Ishchenko, A.Ya. et al. (1998) Welding in aircraft construction. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Kiev: MIITsV.
4. Labur, T.M., Ishchenko, A.Ya, Taranova, T.G. et al. (2005) Features of crack initiation and propagation under the conditions of off-center tension of Al-Li alloy 1441 welded joints. The Paton Welding J., 11, 6-10.
5. Gordeeva, T.A., Zhegina, I.P. (1978) Analysis of fractures in evaluation of material reliability. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
6. Ivanova, V.S., Kudryashov, V.G., Shtovba, Yu.K. et al. (1974) Fractography and fracture toughness of aluminium and titanium alloys. Tekhnologiya Lyog. Splavov, 3, 65-70.
7. (1982) Fractography and atlas of fractograms: Refer. Book. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
8. Rabkin, D.M., Lozovskaya, A.V., Sklabinskaya, I.E. (1992) Metals science of welding of aluminium and its alloys. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
9. Solntsev, Yu.P., Stepanov, G.A. (1985) Structural steels and alloys for low temperatures. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
10. (1990) Structural levels of plastic deformation and fracture. Ed. by V.E. Panin. Novosibirsk: Nauka.
11. Vladimirov, V.I. (1984) Physical nature of metal fracture. Moscow: Metallurgiya.