The Paton Welding Journal, 2011, #6, 9-13 pages
INDUCTION SYSTEM FOR LOCAL TREATMENT OF SURFACES BY LIQUID METAL FLOWS
A.S. PISMENNY, V.M. BAGLAJ, A.A. PISMENNY and S.V. RYMAR
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
Electrodynamic processes occurring in molten metal on the horizontal surface of metal product in the inductor magnetic field were studied. Conditions of intensification of liquid metal flows at local treatment of metal surfaces are determined. Formulas for calculation of induction system are given.
induction heating, metal treatment, intensified liquid metal flows, electrodynamic processes, calculations
1. Farbman, S.A., Kolobnev, I.F. (1968) Induction furnaces for melting of metals and alloys. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
2. Tir, L.L. (1971) Melt reduction by electromagnetic field in melting furnaces. Magnitn. Gidrodinamika, 1, 138-144.
3. Svilo, A.V., Tir, L.L. (1973) Influence of geometric parameters of magnetic system on melt movement in induction furnace. Ibid., 3, 144-146.
4. Fomin, N.I. (1975) Determination of parameters of inductor-crucible-batch in induction furnaces with cold crucible. In: Transact. of VNIIETO on studies in industrial heating field, Issue 7, 65-71.
5. Tir, L.L. (1975) Control of distribution of melt movement rates in crucible of induction furnace. Ibid., 72-77.
6. Tir, L.L., Gubchenko, A.P. (1988) Induction melting furnaces for processes of higher accuracy and purity. Moscow: Energoatomizdat.
7. Furui, M., Kojima, Yo., Matsuo, M. (1993) Fabrication of small aluminum ingot by electromagnetic casting. ISIJ Int., 33(3), 400-404.
8. Pismenny, A.S., Baglaj, V.M., Pismenny, A.A. et al. (2010) Intensification of molten metal flows in liquid pool during induction heating. Sovremen. Elektrometallurgiya, 2, 34-39.
9. Yavorsky, B.M., Detlaf, A.A. (1977) Handbook on physics for engineers and students of higher education institutions. Moscow: Nauka.
10. Netushil, A.V., Polivanov, K.M. (1956) Bases of electrotechnics. Pt 3: Theory of electromagnetic field. Moscow; Leningrad: Gosenergoizdat.
11. Pismenny, A.S., Prokofiev, A.S., Shinlov, M.E. (1999) Synthesis of induction systems for brazing of pipe flange couplings with predetermined power distribution in weld zone. Avtomatich. Svarka, 8, 17-21.
12. Pismenny, A.S. (2005) Induction heating for welding and related technologies. Ed. by B.E. Paton. Kiev: PWI.