The Paton Welding Journal, 2011, #6, 36-39 pages
ELECTRON BEAM WELDING OF THIN-SHEET THREE-DIMENSIONAL STRUCTURES OF ALUMINIUM ALLOYS
A.A. BONDAREV and V.M. NESTERENKOV
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU, Kiev, Ukraine
Variants of improvement of the technology for manufacture of three-dimensional welded structures from thin-sheet elements are considered. Examples of small-size mock-ups of specific products are presented. Recommendations for reducing residual deformations in thin-sheet welded structures are given. Variants of the welded T-joints used in manufacture of stringer panels are shown. Resistance of welded joints to intercrystalline corrosion is estimated.
electron beam welding, aluminium alloys, thinsheet three-dimensional structures, dissimilar welded joints, mechanical properties, intercrystalline corrosion, crack resistance
1. Rabkin, D.M. (1986) Metallurgy of fusion welding of aluminium and its alloys. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
2. Nazarenko, O.K., Kajdalov, A.A., Kovbasenko, S.N. et al. Electron beam welding. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
3. Paton, B.E., Bondarev, A.A. (2004) State-of-the-art and advanced technologies of electron beam welding of structures. The Paton Welding J., 11, 20-27.
4. Paton, B.E., Ishchenko, A.Ya., Yushchenko, K.A. et al. (1996) Prospects of application of welding in development of aircrafts of new generation. Avtomatich. Svarka, 6, 26-27.
5. Bondarev, A.A., Nazarenko, S.V. (1989) Determination of susceptibility of aluminium alloys to hot crack formation in electron beam welding. In: State-of-the-art, problems and prospects of power generation and technology in power engineering. Ivanovo.
6. Paton, B.E., Lobanov, L.M., Pavlovsky, V.I. et al. (1989) Fabrication of welded large-size thin-wall panels of highstrength aluminium alloys. Avtomatich. Svarka, 10, 37-45.
7. Bondarev, A.A., Nazarenko, S.V., Bondarev, And. A. (1999) Improvement of technology of fabrication of welded stiffened panels from aluminium alloys. In: Problems of welding, metallurgy and related technologies. Tbilisi.