TPWJ, 2010, #9, 24-30 pages
TREATMENT OF THE SURFACE OF ALUMINIUM-MATRIX COMPOSITE MATERIALS BY CONCENTRATED ENERGY SOURCES
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 9, 2010 (September)
N.V. KOBERNIK1, G.G. CHERNYSHOV1, R.S. MIKHEEV2 and T.A. CHERNYSHOVA2
N.E. Bauman Moscow State Technical University, Moscow, RF
A.A. Baikov Institute of Metallurgy, RAS, Moscow, RF
Studied was the possibility of modifying surface layers of antifriction aluminium alloy AK9 and aluminium-matrix composite materials reinforced with particles of silicon carbide SiC and aluminium oxide Al2
in melting of surfaces with arc discharge in magnetic field, as well as with pulsed laser beam. It is shown that surface melting is accompanied by substantial dispersion of the initial surface layer structure. Samples after treatment are characterized by mechanical and tribological properties that are superior to those of the initial material.
arc surface melting, pulsed laser radiation, reinforced composite materials, magnetic field, modified surfaces
1. Chernyshova, T.A., Kobeleva, L.I., Bolotova, L.K. (2001) Discretely reinforced composites with aluminium alloy matrices and their tribological properties. Metally, 6, 85-98.
2. Chernyshova, T.A., Kobeleva, L.I., Bolotova, L.K. et al. (2005) Behavior in dry sliding friction of dispersion filled composites on the base of aluminium alloys with different level of strength. Perspect. Materialy, 5, 38-44.
3. Kobernik, N.V., Brodyagina, I.V., Chernyshov, G.G. et al. (2005) Argon arc cladding of dispersion-strengthened aluminium matrix composites. Fizika i Khimiya Obrab. Materialov, 4, 67-71.
4. Kobernik, N.V. (2008) Production of wear-resistant coatings by argon arc cladding of matrix of aluminium alloy AK12M2MgN particles SiC. Zagot. Pr-va v Mashinostroenii, 3, 13-17.
5. Kobernik, N.V. (2008) Argon arc cladding of composites of Al-SiC system. Izvestiya Vuzov. Mashinostroenie, 2, 74-80.
6. Kobernik, N.V., Chernyshov, G.G., Mikheev, R.S. et al. (2009) Argon arc cladding of wear-resistant composite coatings. Fizika i Khimiya Obrab. Materialov, 1, 51-55.
7. Kobernik, N.V. (2009) Producing of wear-resistant coatings of Al-SiC system composites by argon arc cladding. Svarka i Diagnostika, 1, 25.
8. Kobernik, N.V., Chernyshov, G.G., Mikheev, R.S. et al. (2009) Influence of method of filler material producing on formation of composite deposited coatings. Ibid., 4, 18-22.
9. Stroganov, S.B., Rotenberg, V.A., Gershman, G.B. (1977) Alloys of aluminium with silicon. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
10. Lapteva, V.G., Kuksenova, L.I., Ivanov, V.A. et al. (2008) Effect of microplasma treatment on properties of near-surface layer of specimens of different structural materials. In: Proc. of Sci.-Techn. Conf. on Tribology for Machine Building (Moscow, 2008). CD-ROM, Sect. 3, 19.
11. Biryukov, V.P. (2008) Laser hardening of friction surfaces by high-power gas, solid-state and fiber lasers. Ibid., 7.
12. Akulov, A.I., Bul, B.K., Chernyshov, G.G. et al. Magnetic system. USSR author's cert. 654964. Publ. 1979.
13. Chernyshova, T.A., Kobeleva, L.I., Shebo, P. et al. (1993) Interaction of metal melts with reinforcing filler materials. Moscow: Nauka.
14. Mikheev, R.S., Kobernik, N.V., Chernyshov, G.G. et al. (2006) Effect of pulse laser radiation on structure and properties of aluminium-matrix composites. Fizika i Khimiya Obrab. Materialov, 6, 17-22.
15. Chichinadze, A.V., Berliner, E.M., Braun, E.D. et al. (2003) Friction, wear and lubrication (tribology and triboengineering). Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
16. Fuks, I.G., Buyanovsky, I.A. (1995) Introduction to tribology: Manual. Moscow: Neft i Gaz.