TPWJ, 2014, #1, 30-40 pages
ANALYSIS AND PROCEDURE OF CALCULATION OF SERIES CONNECTION ELECTRONIC DEVICES FOR CONTACTLESS ARC EXCITATION
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 1, 2014 (January)
N.M. MAKHLIN1 and A.E. KOROTYNSKY2
SE «PWI NRDC for Welding and Quality Control in the Field of Nuclear-Power Engineering of Ukraine». 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Considered are the issues from analysis of formation of high-voltage pulses, injected into interelectrode gap for initial arc ignition and its re-ignitions, in electronic devices with independent power supply and series connection to electric circuit of main or pilot arc, where all the elements of forming circuit are also connected in-series. The analysis of oscillating processes in the forming circuit is carried out using the solution of known linear differential equations of second degree with non-zero initial conditions. Engineering procedure based on these solutions was proposed for calculation of all components of the forming circuit in electronic devices with independent power supply for arc excitation, as well as recommendations on selection of their element base were given arising from the experimental data and experience of designing, industrial manufacture and operation of such devices. Variants of circuit solutions for oscillating constituent of electronic arc exciters with independent power supply and devices for control of switching cell of the forming circuit were described. 34 Ref., 6 Figures.
arc and plasma welding, initial arc excitation, arc re-ignitions, electronic arc exciters, spark discharge, in-series connection, pulse-phase control
1. Paton, B.E., Zavadsky, V.A. (1956) Pulse ignition of arc in gas and manual arc welding. Avtomatich. Svarka, 3, 26-35.
2. Goloshubov, V.I. (2005) Welding power supplies. Kiev: Aristej.
3. (1986) Arc welding equipment: Refer. Book. Ed. by V.V. Smirnov. Leningrad: Energoatomizdat.
4. Pentegov, I.V., Dymenko, V.V., Sklifos, V.V. (1994) Welding power supplies with a pulse arc ignition. Avtomatich. Svarka, 7, 36-39.
5. Gufan, R.M. (1967) Study of welding oscillators: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Rostov-na-Donu.
6. Temkin, B.Ya. (1981) Theory and calculation of welding arc exciters: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree. Leningrad.
7. Gufan, R.M., Zolotykh, V.G., Budnik, N.M. et al. (1966) Universal welding oscillator ISO. Avtomatich. Svarka, 8, 50-53.
8. Leskov, G.I., Lugin, V.P., Svetlov, A.T. (1976) Suppression of radio interference created by exciters and stabilizers of arc discharge. Ibid., 10, 56-59.
9. Makhlin, N.M., Fedotenkov, V.G., Livshits, D.M. et al. (1979) Suppression of radio interference created by arc exciters of UPD-1 type. Ibid., 12, 55-57.
10. Lankin, Yu.N., Lapchinsky, V.F., Masalov, Yu.A. (1969) Pulse generator for ignition of welding arc. Ibid., 10, 61-63.
11. Dudko, D.A., Fedotenkov, V.G., Makhlin, N.M. (1980) Thyristor pulse generators of UPD-1 type. Ibid., 6, 61-63.
12. Fedotenkov, V.G., Makhlin, N.M., Temkin, B.Ya. (1981) Pulse generator for ignition and stabilization of alternating current arc. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 8, 33-34.
13. Paton, B.E., Zaruba, I.I., Dymenko, V.V. et al. (2007) Welding power supplies with a pulse stabilization of arcing. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
14. (2008) Theoretical principles of electrical engineering: Refer. Book on theory of electric circuits. St.-Petersburg: Piter.
15. Levinshtejn, M.L. (1972) Operational calculus in problems of electrical engineering. Leningrad: Energiya.
18. Zamyatin, V.Ya., Kondratiev, B.V., Petukhov, V.M. (1988) Power semiconductor devices. Thyristors: Refer. Book. Moscow: Radio i Svyaz.
19. Ermolin, N.P. (1969) Calculation of low power transformers. Leningrad: Energiya.
20. Baev, E.F., Fomenko, L.A., Tsymbalyuk, V.S. (1976) Inductive elements with ferromagnetic cores. Moscow: Sov. Radio.
21. Volgov, V.A. (1977) Parts and components of electronics. Moscow: Energiya.
22. Pisarev, A.L., Detkin, L.P. (1975) Control of thyristor transducers. Moscow: Energiya.
23. Zeman, S., Osipov, A., Sandyrev, O. (2007) Specifics of operation of high-frequency transformer in circuit of series-resonant inverter. Silovaya Elektronika, 1, 67-72.
24. (2001) Microcircuits for pulse power supplies and their application. 2nd ed. Moscow: Dom Dodeka-XXI.
25. (1988) Reference book on electrotechnical materials. 3rd ed. Leningrad: Energoatomizdat.
27. (1971) Thyristors (Technical Refer. Book). 2nd ed. Moscow: Energiya.
28. Gottlib, I.M. (2002) Power supplies. Inverters, converters, linear and pulse stabilizers. Ed. by S.A. Luzhansky. Moscow: Postmarket.
29. Shmakov, E.I., Fedotenkov, V.G., Kolesnik, G.F. Device for excitation and stabilization of arcing process. USSR author's cert. 567563. Publ. 1977.
30. Fedotenkov, V.G., Makhlin, N.M., Turchin, P.S. Device for arc excitation. USSR author's cert. 1202768. Publ. 1986.
31. Ivanov, Yu.E., Kozak, V.V., Likhoded, V.P. et al. Device for switching of thyristors. USSR author's cert. 1115174. Int. Cl. N 02 M 1/08. Publ. 1984.
32. Shmakov, E.I., Makhlin, N.M., Fedotenkov, V.G. et al. (1978) Application of alternating current for welding of low-alloyed and alloyed steels, aluminium and its alloys. Montazh. i Spets. Raboty v Stroitelstve, 4, 20-22.
33. Bugaev, P.N., Sidoruk, V.S., Makhlin, N.M. et al. (1986) Application of manual arc welding at modulated current in fabrication and assembly of small diameter pipelines. Montazh. i Spets. Stroit. Raboty. Series 19: Assembly and adjustment of automation and communication means, 11, 26-28.
34. Chigarev, V.V., Granovsky, N.A., Kondrashov, K.A. et al. (2007) Power exciter as a stabilizer of welding arc. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 7, 14-16.