TPWJ, 2014, #2, 31-36 pages
PECULIARITIES OF STRUCTURE OF COATINGS OF Fe-Cr-Al SYSTEM FLUX-CORED WIRE PRODUCED UNDER CONDITIONS OF SUPERSONIC ELECTRIC ARC METALLIZATION
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 2, 2014 (February)
V.N. KORZHIK, A.L. BORISOVA, G.N. GORDAN, N.P. LYUTIK, A.A. CHAJKA and T.V. KAJDA
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
To increase the efficiency of application of method of supersonic electric arc metallization (EAM) the investigations of structure and phase composition of coatings of flux-cored wire of the system Fe-Cr-Al were carried out in the frames of this work. Presented are the results of investigations of coatings produced by EAM method using the conventional and modified installation EM-14 and also installation PLAZER 15-SA for supersonic electric arc spraying. It is shown that use of supersonic gas jets at EAM allows significant improvement of coating quality, i.e. provides higher level of homogeneity and fine dispersion of structure (the thickness of lamellas is decreased from 10-30 to 5-10 mm), decreases porosity by 3-5 times, decreases oxides content by 2-3 times, 30-50 % increases the hardness. The formation of solid solution of chromium and aluminium in iron with increased content of chromium at supersonic EAM is a precondition for ensuring the heat resistance of developed coatings of up to 1350 °C, which allows considerably expanding the scales of application of this method in deposition of protective coatings. 10 Ref., 3 Tables, 6Figures.
electric arc metallization, supersonic method, coating, microstructure, phase composition, microhardness
1. Boronenkov, V.N., Korobov, Yu.S. (2012) Bases of arc metallizing. Physical-chemical principles. Ekaterinburg: UralGU.
2. Pokhmursky, V.I., Student, M.M., Dovgunyk, V.M. et al. (2003) Structure and tribotechnical characteristics of coatings produced by electric arc metallizing using flux-cored wires. The Paton Welding J., 8, 12-16.
3. Borisova, A.L., Kajda, T.V., Mits, I.V. (1995) Structure and properties of coatings on ferrochrome and ferrochromealuminium base, produced by electric arc metallizing using flux-cored wires. Avtomatich. Svarka, 6, 3-6.
4. Kudinov, V.V. (1977) Plasma coatings. Moscow: Nauka.
5. Borisov, Yu.S., Petrov, S.V. (1995) Application of supersonic jets in thermal spraying technology. Avtomatich. Svarka, 1, 41-44.
6. Frolov, V.A., Poklad, V.A., Ryabenko, B.V. et al. (2006) Technological peculiarities of methods of supersonic thermal spraying (Review). Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 11, 38-47.
7. Petrov, S.V., Karp, I.N. (1993) Plasma air-gas spraying. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
8. Korzhik, V.N., Krivtsun, I.V., Petrov, S.V. et al. (2009) New technology «Plazer» for renovation of railway parts. Remont, Vosstanovlenie, Modernizatsiya, 1, 20-22.
9. Petrov, S.V., Korzhik, V.N. (2011) Plazer15-SA installation for electric arc supersonic spraying. Svarshchik, 1, 117-121.
10. Hudremont, E. (1966) Special steels. Moscow: Metallurgiya.