TPWJ, 2014, #4, 40-44
PRODUCING OF BIMETAL JOINTS BY LASER WELDING WITH FULL PENETRATION
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 4, 2014 (April)
M. SCHMIDT1 and S.V. KURYNTSEV2
Fridrich-AleksandrUniversity, Erlangen, Germany
A.N. TupolevKazanNationalResearchTechnicalUniversity. 10 K. Marks Str., Kazan, 420111, RF. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current level of development of technologies for treatment of metallic materials is impossible without using of lasers, which have found application in such processes as cutting, heat treatment, welding, engraving and brazing. This paper describes investigation of process of production of stainless steel-brass bimetal joint using laser welding with full penetration. The specimens were welded on equipment of IPG «IRE-Polus» Ltd. This company manufactures machines for laser welding using tongs. Thickness of specimens from 12Kh18N10T steel and L63 brass made 3 mm. Welding was carried out at different modes, and influence of postweld heat treatment on mechanical properties of the joints was evaluated. Performed are metallographic investigations, and microhardness of different zones of welded joint is measured. It is determined that application of laser welding with full penetration for production of bimetal joints is possible under condition of more accurate adjustment of welding modes and postweld heat treatment. 8 Ref., 2 Tables, 6 Figures.
percussion capacitor-discharge welding, composite wire, superconducting wire, niobium-titanium alloy
1. Bely, A.I. (2010) Influence of main technological parameters of the plasma cladding process on properties of composite deposited metal. The Paton Welding J., 6, 25-27.
2. Ryabtsev, I.A., Kondratiev, I.A., Vasiliev, G.V. et al. (2010) Investigation of structure and service properties of deposited metal for reconditioning and strengthening of rolling mill rolls. Ibid., 7, 12-15.
3. Neklyudov, I.M., Borts, B.V., Lopata, A.T. et al. (2010) Development of zirconium- and stainless steel-based composites for manufacture of adapters to NPP structures. Ibid., 8, 45-49.
4. Shlensky, P.S., Dobrushin, L.D., Fadeenko, Yu.I. et al. (2011) Chambers for explosion welding of metals (Review). Ibid., 5, 47-51.
5. Lyushinsky, A.V. (2011) Application of nanopowders of metals in diffusion welding of dissimilar materials. Ibid., 5, 31-34.
6. Sokolov, M., Salminen, A. (2013) Laser welding of low alloyed steels: Influence of edge preparation. Ibid., 2, 48-52.
7. Quiroz, V., Gumenyuk, A., Rethmeier, M. (2012) Investigations on laser beam welding of high-manganese austenitic and austenitic-ferritic stainless steels. Ibid., 1, 10-14.
8. Khaskin, V.Yu. (2011) Laser welding of overlap joints of low-carbon steels by through-thickness welds. Svarshchik, 5, 24-26.