TPWJ, 2014, #5, 16-20 pages
FEATURES OF MELTING, STRUCTURE AND PROPERTIES OF NI—MN—CU SYSTEM NICKEL ALLOYS
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 5, 2014 (May)
Khorunov V.F. and Lototsky P.N.
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Influence of nickel alloy composition and method of melting on their structure and properties were studies.
Melting was performed in argon and under a layer of flux. It is established that argon-arc melting of nickel
alloys with high manganese content allows producing ingots of a more stable composition than in submerged-
arc melting. It is noted that alloys of the considered system are prone to porosity. Increase of
pouring temperature promotes reduction of porosity in ingots. Structure of ingots with different manganese
content in as-cast condition, after annealing and rolling was studied. It was shown that at manganese
content in the alloys of up to 25 wt.%, it is possible to produce ingots of a higher strength and ductility,
which lend themselves easily to forming. After rolling the alloys have the structure of fine-grained solid
solution. Strength of such a metal reaches 900—950 MPa at relative elongation of about 40 %. At greater
manganese content the alloys become brittle as a result of formation of intermetallic phases in them. 8 Ref.,
3 Tables, 7 Figures.
Ni—Mn—Cu system alloys, submergedarc and inert-gas arc melting, structure, mechanical properties of alloys, brazing, braze alloy
1. Salli, A. (1959) Manganese
. Moscow: Metallurgizdat.
2. Bochvar, N.R., Guzej, L.S., Lysova, E.V. et al. (1979) Binary and multicomponent systems on copper base
. Moscow: Nauka.
3. Chjan-Bao-Chan (1958) Examination of ternary alloys Cu—Mn—Ni. Izvestiya Vuzov. Tsvet. Metallurgiya
4. Bazhenov, V.E. (2013) Study of crystallization processes of ternary alloys for the purpose of evaluation of their susceptibility to nonequilibrium crystallization
: Syn. of Thesis for Cand. of Techn. Sci. Degree.
5. (2003) Reference book on soldering
. Ed. by I.E. Petrunin. 3rd ed. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
6. Lashko, S.V., Lashko, N.F. (1988) Brazing of metals
. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
7. Khorunov, V.F. (2008) Principles of brazing thinwalled high-alloy steel structures
. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
8. Khorunov, V.F., Doroshenko, L.K., Vasiliev, V.G. (1988) Diagram of meltability and structure of alloys of nickel-manganese-copper-silicon