TPWJ, 2015, #2, 34-39 pages
TECHNOLOGY OF MANUFACTURING HIGH-QUALITY WELDED TUBES FROM CORROSION-RESISTANT STEEL IN UKRAINE
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 2, 2015 (February)
T.N. Buryak1, I.A. Katsaj2, V.G. Kuznetsov2, A.I. Novikov2, A.A. Taranenko1 And N.V. Yaroshenko1
SE «NITI». 1a Pisarzhevsky Str., 49005, Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
«ALFA-FINANS» Ltd. 4g Barrikadnaya Str., 49000, Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Welded thin-walled tubes are widely applied in different industrial sectors owing to a number of their advantages, compared to seamless tubes. The paper describes the experience of mastering in Ukraine manufacturing of thin-walled small diameter tubes from TR 316L steel by two variants: with weld metal deformation by rolling-off and without deformation. Longitudinal welds are made by TIG welding. The paper gives the results of comprehensive testing of manufactured tube samples, which are indicative of the fact that they are not inferior to seamless tubes as to their technological and mechanical properties, corrosion resistance and metallographic characteristics, and are even superior to them by a number of parameters. They meet the requirements of the respective ASTM and EN standards. 10 Ref., 4 Tables, 4 Figures.
welded tube, technology, argon-arc welding, weld, quality, mechanical properties, intercrystalline corrosion, nuclear steam condensers
1. Buryak, T.N., Yaroshenko, N.V., Taranenko, A.A. et al. (2014) Evaluation of quality of welded long superthin-wall tubes from corrosion-resistant steel. Metallurg. i Gornorud. Promyshlennost, 5, 40-43.
2. (2010) ASTM A 249/A249M-10a: Standard specification for welded austenitic steel boilers, superheaters, heat-exchangers and condenser tubes.
3. ASTM A 312/A 312M-08: Standard specification for seamless, welded and heavily cold-worked austenitic stainless steel pipes.
4. (1982) GOST 11068-81: Corrosion-resistant welded pipes. Moscow: Standart.
5. Hanson, K.F. (1978) Tendencies of application of titanium in heat exchangers. In: Proc. of 3rd Int. Conf. on Titanium. Physical Metallurgy and Technology, 423-435. Moscow: VILS.
6. (2006) Validation of material for replacement of condensers of nuclear plant turbosets and development of technical conditions on long tubes: Report of researches of SE NITI. Dnepropetrovsk.
7. Horn, F. (1977) Atlas of structures of welded joints. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
8. EN 10217-7.2005: Welded steel tubes for pressure purposes - Technical delivery conditions. Pt7: Stainless steel tubes.
9. Ulianin, E.A. (1991) Corrosion-resistant steels and alloys. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
10. (2000) Stainless steel. Characteristics, grades and world-wide standards of steel. Avesta Sheffield AB. Bul. 10100.