TPWJ, 2015, #5-6, 70-77 pages
Capabilities of laser radiation for improvement of electrode wire quality
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 5/6, 2015 (May/June)
S.B. Shevchenko1, I.V. Krivtsun1, L.F. Golovko1, A.N. Lutaj1 And V.P. Slobodyanyuk2
NTUU «Kiev Polytechnic Institute». 37 Pobeda Ave., 03056, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
«PlasmaTec» Company. 13/300 Khmelnitskoe Shosse, 20136, Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Analysis of the processes of manufacturing wire electrodes for semi-automatic welding was performed, structure, quantitative chemical and phase composition of the wire surface layer before and after copper coating deposition were studied, and geometrical dimensions, location depth and relative quantity of nonmetallic inclusions in the coating were determined. Possibilities of removal of such nonmetallic inclusions by laser radiation with 10.6 mm wave length were studied at different treatment parameters. Technology of laser cleaning of welding wire surface was proposed, which is performed before copper coating deposition. An experimental laser process complex was developed to verify development results under conditions close to those in production. 10 Ref., 15 Figures.
welding wire, nonmetallic inclusions, oxides, laser radiation, absorptance, temperature, simulation, heating, evaporation, residual stresses
1. Sychkov, A.B., Zhigarev, M.A., Zhukova, S.Yu. et al. (2008) Formation of optimal properties of scale on rolled wire surface. Bendery: Poligrafist.
2. Parusov, V.V., Sanyuk, A.N., Syckhov, A.B. (2004) Study of possibility of more complete removal of scale from rolled wire surface before drawing. Metallurg, 6, 6-28.
3. Parusov, V.V., Sychkov, A.B., Zhigarev, M.A. (2006) Study of possibility to remove the scale from the surface of rolled wire from Sv-08G2S steel. Metallurgich. i Gornorudn. Promyshlennost, 5, 23-29.
4. Kozlov, E.I., Dekhtyaryov, V.G., Novikov, M.P. (1981) Electrochemical cleaning of Sv-08G2S wire surface. Avtomatich. Svarka, 9, 46-48.
5. Dalsky, A.M., Barsukova, T.M., Bukharkin, L.N. et al. (2004) Technology of structural materials: Manual for higher educational institution students of machine-building specialities. 5th ed. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
6. (2002) Methods of manufacturing copper-coated welding wire. Svarochn. Proizvodstvo, 3, 41-43.
7. Medyushko, V.A., Razorenov, O.N. (2007) Some peculiarities of metallurgical processing and application of Sv-08G2S type wire in mechanized welding processes. Industriya, 32(5), 21-23.
8. www.spetechsoyuz.com. Technological properties of welding wire
9. Brandon, D., Kaplan, W. (2004) Microstructure of materials. Methods of examination and control. Moscow: Tekhnosfera.
10. Sychkov, A.B., Zhigarev, M.A., Zhukova, S.Yu. (2007) Ensuring scale removal from rolled wire surface before drawing. Metizy, 15(2), 48-54.