TPWJ, 2015, #5-6, 83-86 pages
Flux-cored wires providing deposited metal with high resistance to adhesion wear
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 5/6, 2015 (May/June)
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
PWI developed flux-cored wires providing deposited metal with sulphide or graphite inclusions, which have the role of solid lubricant and prevent adhesion wear. Comparative studies of heat- and wear resistance at metal-to-metal friction at room and elevated temperatures showed that PP-Np-20Kh5M3FS(S) flux-cored wire can be recommended for welding parts operating under the conditions of increased mechanical loads and moderate cyclic thermal loads. PP-Np-50Kh9S3G(S) flux-cored wire providing deposited metal with high adhesion wear resistance at room temperature can be successfully used for surfacing parts of heavy-duty friction pairs. Having relatively low cost, but requiring application of complex surfacing technology, PP-Np-150S2Yu flux-cored wire can find limited application in surfacing friction pair parts operating at high mechanical loads in the case, if it is cost-effective. 13 Ref., 4 Tables, 5 Figures.
arc surfacing, flux-cored wires, adhesion wear, wear resistance, thermal stability
1. Ryabtsev, I.A., Senchenkov, I.K. (2013) Theory and practice of surfacing works. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
2. Kostetsky, B.I. (1975) Reliability and life of machines. Kiev: Tekhnika.
3. Osin, V.V., Ryabtsev, I.A. (2004) Effect of sulphur on properties of iron-base alloys and prospects of its application in surfacing materials. The Paton Welding J., 10, 18-21.
4. Osin, V.V., Ryabtsev, I.A., Kondratiev, I.A. (2006) Study of sulfur effect on properties of deposited metal of Kh5MFS type. Ibid., 12, 12-15.
5. Kondratiev, I.A., Ryabtsev, I.A., Bogajchuk, I.L. et al. (2008) Structure of deposited metal of the type of graphitized hypereutectoid steels. Ibid., 7, 15-18.
6. Ryabtsev, I.A., Kondratiev, I.A., Osin, V.V. et al. (2011) Wear- and heat resistance of deposited metal of graphitized steel type. Ibid., 8, 33-36.
7. Goudremont, E. (1959) Special steels. Vol. 1, 2. Moscow: GNTI.
8. Khimushin, F.F. (1963) Stainless steels. Moscow: Metallurgizdat.
9. Zubkova, E.N. (2002) Sulfur effect on structure and properties of deposited high-speed steel. Metallovedenie i Termich. Obrab. Metallov, 9, 27-30.
10. Ryabtsev, I.A., Kondratiev, I.A. (1999) Mechanized electric arc surfacing of metallurgical equipment parts: Refer. book. Kiev: Ekotekhnologiya.
11. Samsonov, G.V., Barsegyan, Sh.E., Tkachenko, Yu.G. (1973) On mechanism of lubricating action of sulfides and selenides of refractory metals. Fiz.-Khimich. Mekhanika Materialov, 9(1), 58-61.
12. Osin, V.V. (2014) Tribotechnical properties of deposited metal of 50Kh9S3G type with increased sulphur content. The Paton Welding J., 12, 8-10. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.12.02
13. Ryabtsev, I.I., Chernyak, Ya.P., Osin, V.V. (2004) Block-modular unit for testing of deposited metal. Svarshchik, 1, 18-20.