The Paton Welding Journal, 2015, #5-6, 93-95 pages
Materials and equipment for surfacing of metal hot cutting knives
A.P. Zhudra1, A.P. Voronchuk1, A.A. Fomakin1 And S.I. Veliky2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
EDTB of the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Analysis of operation conditions of knives for hot cutting of metal was performed and the main types of their working edge wear were determined. Self-shielded flux-cored strip PL-Np-40Kh2N6G2S2M2FB (PL-AN183) and specialized machine UD-298M were developed for automatic surfacing of blooming mill hot cutting knives. Process automation is conducted through application of SU-360 control system, which is based on modern components. Application of the new flux-cored strip and specialized surfacing machine allowed 2 to 3 times increase of surfacing efficiency. Here, surfaced knife resistance increased 1.5 to 2 times. This development has been successfully introduced at Company «Arselor Mittal Krivoj Rog». 5 Ref., 2 Figures.
surfacing, surfacing technology, flux-cored strip, knives for hot cutting, deposited metal, surfacing machine, wear resistance
1. Paton, B.E. (1974) Technology of fusion electric welding of metals and alloys. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
2. Malikin, V.L., Oparin, L.I. (1984) Service properties of metal of 5X4V2M2FS and 25X5FMS type deposited by electric arc and electroslag methods with sintered electrode strips. In: New processes of surfacing, properties of deposited metal and transition zone, 48-53. Kiev: PWI.
3. Geller, Yu.A. (1983) Tool steels. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
4. Zhudra, A.P., Voronchuk, A.P. (2010) Wear-resistant cladding by flux-cored strips. Svarshchik, 6, 6-9.
5. Zhudra, A.P., Voronchuk, A.P. (2012) Cladding flux-cored strips (Review). The Paton Welding J., 1, 34-38.