TPWJ, 2015, #5-6, 93-95 pages
Materials and equipment for surfacing of metal hot cutting knives
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 5/6, 2015 (May/June)
A.P. Zhudra1, A.P. Voronchuk1, A.A. Fomakin1 And S.I. Veliky2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
EDTB of the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Analysis of operation conditions of knives for hot cutting of metal was performed and the main types of their working edge wear were determined. Self-shielded flux-cored strip PL-Np-40Kh2N6G2S2M2FB (PL-AN183) and specialized machine UD-298M were developed for automatic surfacing of blooming mill hot cutting knives. Process automation is conducted through application of SU-360 control system, which is based on modern components. Application of the new flux-cored strip and specialized surfacing machine allowed 2 to 3 times increase of surfacing efficiency. Here, surfaced knife resistance increased 1.5 to 2 times. This development has been successfully introduced at Company «Arselor Mittal Krivoj Rog». 5 Ref., 2 Figures.
surfacing, surfacing technology, flux-cored strip, knives for hot cutting, deposited metal, surfacing machine, wear resistance
1. Paton, B.E. (1974) Technology of fusion electric welding of metals and alloys. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
2. Malikin, V.L., Oparin, L.I. (1984) Service properties of metal of 5X4V2M2FS and 25X5FMS type deposited by electric arc and electroslag methods with sintered electrode strips. In: New processes of surfacing, properties of deposited metal and transition zone, 48-53. Kiev: PWI.
3. Geller, Yu.A. (1983) Tool steels. Moscow: Metallurgiya.
4. Zhudra, A.P., Voronchuk, A.P. (2010) Wear-resistant cladding by flux-cored strips. Svarshchik, 6, 6-9.
5. Zhudra, A.P., Voronchuk, A.P. (2012) Cladding flux-cored strips (Review). The Paton Welding J., 1, 34-38.