TPWJ, 2015, #9, 53-55 pages
Noise characteristics during welding in argon-containing shielding gases
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 9, 2015 (September)
O.G. Levchenko1, V.A. Kuleshov1 And A.Yu. Arlamov2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Bozhenko Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
NTUU «Kyiv Polytechnic Institute». 6/2 Dashavskaya Str., 03056, Kiev, Ukraine
The aim of this work was to measure the characteristics of acoustic noise at the workplace during manual TIG welding in argon and semiautomatic welding in Ar + CO2
. Welding was carried out inside the welding metal cabin of 1.8 m height, 2.0 m width and 2.4 m depth. The noise parameters were measured using the integrated sound level meter of the first class of accuracy. The point of measurement at the welder's workplace was located at the distance of 0.55 m from welding arc. A single measurement was conducted for about 60 s at the running ventilation unit. It was established that in TIG welding the value of equivalent sound level at the welder's workplace in the wide range of rated values of current I = 45-210 A does not exceed 64 dBA, that is significantly lower than the sanitary-hygienic standard of 80 dBA and is comparable with the level of 57 dBA of the background noise. In semiautomatic welding in Ar + CO2
the noise level at the welder's workplace in the range of rated values of current I = 80-250 A exceeds MAL and reaches 96 dBA. The limit of safe working area as to noise was established at the distance of 2 m from the place of welding. The data of this work can be used for sanitary-hygienic assessment of noise episodes of specific welding processes in shielding gases. 6 Ref., 3 Tables, 5 Figures.
welding in shielding gas, argon, mixture of Ar + CO2
, acoustic noise, characteristics
- Levchenko, O.G., Kuleshov, V.A., Arlamov, A.Yu. (2014) Sanitary-hygienic evaluation of noise in manual arc welding with covered electrodes. The Paton Welding J., 9, 45-48. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.09.07
- GOST 17187-2010: Noise dosimeters. Pt1: Technical requirements. Introd. 01.07.2012.
- DSN 3.3.6.037-99: Sanitary norms of industrial noise, ultrasound and infrasound. Introd. 01.12.1999.
- Grinchenko, V.T., Vovk, Sh.V., Matsipura, V.T. (2007) Principles of acoustics. Kyiv: Naukova Dumka.
- Volchenko, V.N., Yampolsky, V.M., Vinokurov, V.A. et al. (1988) Theory of welding processes. Moscow: Vysshaya Shkola.
- Levchenko, O.G., Kuleshov, V.A. (2013) Industrial noises. Pt3. Svarshchik, 4, 34-39.