TPWJ, 2016, #3, 28-36 pages
Improvement of the technology of welding high-temperature diaphragms in steam turbine flow section
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue № 3, 2016 (March)
A.K. Tsaryuk1, V.Yu. Skulsky1, M.A. Nimko1, A.N. Gubsky2, A.V. Vavilov2 And A.G. Kantor2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU. 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Company «Turboatom». 199 Moskovsky Ave., 61037, Kharkov, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special features and causes for operational damage in welded components of high-temperature diaphragms are considered. Comparative testing was performed of welding-technological properties of some commercially available coated electrode grades for welding heat-resistant steels of Cr–Mo and Cr–Mo–V compositions. Implant procedure and welding of Tekken technological samples were used to assess the delayed fracture susceptibility of 15Kh12VNMF + 15Kh1M1FL steel welded joints at application of selected electrodes. It is established that to ensure a high cold cracking resistance of these steel welded joints, it is necessary to apply preheating at 200–250 °C. Proceeding from the data of measurement of metal hardness in welds and HAZ of welded joints and weld metal impact toughness, an optimum mode of heat treatment of 15Kh12VNMF + 15Kh1M1FL steel welded joints was determined. It is shown that a softening zone of lower hardness forms in the HAZ metal structure of 15Kh12VNMF steel, in which the samples fail at testing for static tension at working temperature of 570 °C. 8 Ref., 4 Tables, 10 Figures.
arc welding, heat-resistant steels, dissimilar steel welded joints, cold cracks, heat treatment
- Shlyakhin, P.N. (1974) Steam and gas turbines. Moscow: Energiya.
- OST 108.021.04–78: Stationary steam turbines. Welded diaphragms, guide apparatuses. General specifications. 01.01.79.
- Mellerovich, G.M., Pelipenko, E.N., Pokrassa, M.I. et al. (1969) Study of stress state of steam turbine casings and diaphragms. Problemy Prochnosti, 4, 19–22.
- (1978) Stresses and strains in steam turbine parts. Kiev: Naukova Dumka.
- Kulagina, G.F. (1960) Experimental study of stresses and deflections of diaphragms. In: Study of steam and gas turbines and axial compressors, 333–346. Moscow: Mashgiz.
- TI-656–2007: Welded diaphragms, preparation for welding, welding, heat treatment and quality control. Kharkov: Turboatom.
- RTM 108.020.35–81: Stationary steam turbines. Welding and heat treatment of diaphragms and guide apparatuses. Fundamentals.
- Kozlov, R.A. (1986) Welding of heat-resistant steels. Leningrad: Mashinostroenie.