TPWJ, 2017, #8, 46-50 pages
Equipment and technology of anticorrosion electroslag surfacing applying two strips
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #4, 2017 (August)
I.A. Ryabtsev1, A.A. Babinets1, V.N. Korzhik2, A.I. Sitko3 and Zhan Yuipeng2
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU 11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03680, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Guangdong Welding Institute (E.O. Paton Chinese-Ukrainian Institute of Welding) 510650, China, Guangzhou City, Tianhe, Changxing Road, 363
LLC «Scientific and Production Center «PLAZER» 10-A, Filatova str., off. 2/10, Kiev, Ukraine. Е-mail: рlаzеr2010@metа.uа
The E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute together with the E.O. Paton Chinese-Ukrainian Institute
and the SPC «PLAZER» developed the equipment and technology for anticorrosion electroslag surfacing applying strips. The effect of current, voltage and surfacing speed as well as the gap between the strips on the stability of electroslag process, geometric dimensions of deposited beads and volume of base metal in the deposited one were investigated. In the experiments the stainless strips ESAB 309LNb ESW with the cross-section of 0.5?60 mm and the flux ESAB OK 10.10 were used. The range of surfacing modes applying two strips was determined, providing a high efficiency and a stable electroslag process with a good formation of deposited metal and a minimal penetration of the base one in the ranges of 7–9 %: Is
= 1400–1500 A; Us
= 32–33 V; vs
= 14–17 m/h; the gap between the strips is 16 mm. The mechanical properties of the metal deposited at these modes applying the strips ESAB 309LNb ESW under the flux ESAB OK 10.10 are at the level of mechanical properties of steel 309LNb. The obtained results can be used in selection or development of materials and technologies for anticorrosion surfacing of parts of power and chemical equipment. 7 Ref., 1 Table, 6 Figures.
electroslag surfacing applying strips, surfacing technology, surfacing equipment, penetration, efficiency of surfacing
- Kravtsov, T.G. (1978) Electric arc surfacing using electrode strip. Moscow: Mashinostroenie.
- Ryabtsev, I.A. (2005) High-efficiency wide-layer surfacing using electrode wires and strips (Review). The Paton Welding J., 6, 31–35.
- Ivanov, V.P., Ivashchenko, V.Yu. (2011) Influence of hardfacing technology and heat treatment on structure and properties of metal deposited on carbon steel by LN-02Kh25N22AG4M2 strip electrode. Ibid., 8, 7–9.
- Ryabtsev, I.A., Senchenkov, I.K., Turyk, E.V. (2015) Materials, technologies, mathematical modeling. Glivize: Silesia Polytechnical Institute.
- Frumin, I.I., Kalensky, V.K., Panchishin, Yu.A. et al. (1977) Development of process and investigation of some technological specifics of strip electroslag surfacing. In: Theoretical and technological principles of surfacing. New processes of mechanized surfacing. Kiev: PWI, 83–88
- Kalensky, V.K., Panchishin, Yu.A., Shekhteri, S.Ya. et al. (1980) Application of electroslag surfacing using sintered strips for manufacture of two-layer sheet billets. In: Theoretical and technological principles of surfacing. Properties and tests of deposited metal. Kiev: PWI, 89–92.
- Ignatov, V.A., Murzin, V.V., Rokhlin, E.A. et al. (1980) Examination of process of electroslag anticorrosion surfacing using two strip electrodes. In: Ibid.. Kiev: PWI, 101–106.