TPWJ, 2017, #9, 40-43 pages
Results of implementation of orbital welding in manufacture and repair of thin-wall pipelines
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #9, 2017 (September)
P.D. Zhemanyuk, I.A. Petrik and S.L. Chigilejchik
JSC «Motor Sich»
11 Motorostroiteley Str., 69068, Zaporozye, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applied methods were analyzed for producing a permanent joint of thin-wall pipelines of aircraft gas-turbine engines. The peculiarities of application of mechanized and automated joining technologies were noted. The experimental works were carried out for mastering a technology of orbital welding of position butt joints of pipes of up to 0.5–1 mm wall thickness, providing high quality of joints and welding productivity. The developed technology of orbital unsupported pipe welding is used in serial production in JSC «Motor Sich». 5 Ref., 2 Tables, 4 Figures.
aircraft engines, pipe, orbital welding, brazing
- Boguslaev, V.A., Kachan, A.Ya., Kalinina, N.E. et al. (2009) Aerospace materials. Ed. by V.A. Boguslaev. Zaporozhie, OJSC Motor Sich.
- Boguslaev, V.A., Kachan, A.Ya., Mozgovoj, V.F. et al. (2004) Technology of production of aircraft engines. Zaporozhie, OJSC Motor Sich.
- Ostrovsky, O.E. (1992) Orbital welding of pipelines. Proizvodstvo, 10, 10–13.
- Khavanov, V.A. (1995) Equipment for automatic orbital welding of technological pipelines. Ibid., 6, 22–24.
- Poloskov, S.I. (2003) Analysis of factors determining weld pool formation in orbital position butt welding of pipes (Review). Ibid., 2, 11–19.