The Paton Welding Journal, 2017, #9, 53-55 pages
Engineering approach to determination of stress intensity factor and parameters of growth of axial crack in circumferential weld of pipeline
V.V. Kyrychok and V.M. Torop
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute, NASU
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kiev, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
The problem of evaluation of stress intensity factors in the zone of residual welding stresses was considered. The joint application of the software packages Ansys Workbench and Abaqus/CAE and the compiler Python for accurate determination of parameters of crack resistance of pressure pipelines and vessels was proposed. On the example of the pipe specimen 133?13 mm, the simulation of welding process and subsequent opening of semi-elliptic crack in the zone of residual stresses was carried out. The analysis of the possible further growth of defect from the action of cyclic loads in the weld region was performed and the most dangerous zones of location of axial cracks were found. 6 Ref. , 5 Figures.
stress intensity factor, finite element method, residual stresses, crack, script, weld
- DSTU-N B.2.3-21:2008: Determination of residual strength of main pipelines with defects.
- Stephens, R., I., Ali Fatemi, Stephens, R. R., Fuchs, H. O. (2001) Metal fatigue in engineering. 2nd New York, John Wiley & Sons.
- PNAEG-7-002–86 (1989): Codes of design on strength of equipment and pipelines of nuclear power plants. Moscow: Energoatomizdat.
- (2010) Abaqus Scripting Reference Manual. USA, Providence, RI.
- Yakhno, B.O. (2013) Calculation of welded joints using program complex Abaqus: Guidelines. Kyiv, NTUU KPI.
- Suryanarayana, C. (2003) Experimental techniques in material and mechanics. Boca Rathon, USA, Taylor & Francis Group.