The Paton Welding Journal, 2018, #3, 29-31 pages
Influence of arc surfacing modes on intergranular penetration of high-tin bronze into steel
T.B. Majdanchuk, V.M. Ilyushenko and A.N. Bondarenko
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The paper gives the results of studying the influence of the parameters of the submerged-arc surfacing process of steel with flux-cored wire of PPBrOF10-1 grade and with coated electrodes ANBO-2, providing deposited metal of the composition, corresponding to cast bronze of BrO10F1L grade, on formation of intercriystalline penetrations of bronze into steel. It is shown that formation of intercrystalline penetrations is the most significantly influenced by values of current and deposition rate. Based on metallographic examinations, it is found that absence of intercrystalline penetrations of bronze into steel is achieved at limitation of efficient heat input of the arc surfacing process both with flux-cored wire and with coated electrodes to the value of 450 kJ/m. 8 Ref., 2 Tables, 2 Figures.
high-tin bronze, coated electrodes, flux-cored wire, arc surfacing, intercrystalline penetrations
- Osintsev, O.E., Fedorov, V.N. (2004) Copper and copper alloys. National and foreign grades: Handbook. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Davis, J.R. (2001) Copper and copper alloys. ASM Int.
- Ilyushenko, V.M., Majdanchuk, T.B., Bondarenko, A.M. et al. Flux-cored wire for welding and surfacing of high tin bronze. In: Author’s cert. 109622 UA. Int. Cl. B23K 35/16 (2006.01) [in Ukrainian].
- Ilyushenko, V.M., Majdanchuk, T.B., Anoshin, V.O., Skoryna, M.V. Composition of electrode coating for welding and surfacing of tin bronze. In: Author’s cert. 106954 UA. Int. Cl. B23K 35/365 (2006.01) [in Ukrainian].
- Rybin, V.V., Vajnerman, A.E., Baranov, A.V. et al. (2006) Investigation of peculiarities and development of advanced technologies of welding of copper alloys with steels and surfacing of copper alloys on steel. Voprosy Materialovedeniya, 1(45), 220–229 [in Russian].
- Ardentov, V.V., Vajnerman, A.E., Zakharov, V.F. et al. (1979) Influence of penetration of copper alloy in steel on properties of bimetal. Svarka, 5, 36–38 [in Russian].
- Vajnerman, A.E., Pichuzhkin, S.A., Chernobaev, S.P. et al. (2006) New welding consumables and technological peculiarities of welding and surfacing of products from copper alloys and dissimilar metals. In: of Int. Sci.-Techn. Conf. on Welding Consumables – 2012, 141–147.
- Vajnerman, A.E. (1981) Mechanism of intercrystalline penetration in surfacing of copper alloys on steel. Svarka, 6, 22–25, 29 [in Russian].