TPWJ, 2018, #4, 29-34 pages
Selection of welding technology in manufacture and restoration repair of spirals of high-pressure heaters of npp power units
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #4, 2018 (April)
N.M. Makhlin1, V.E. Vodolazsky1, V.E. Popov1, A.E. Korotynsky2 and S.I. Lavrov3
SE «Scientific and Engineering Center of Welding and Control in Nuclear Engineering of Ukraine (SEC WCNPE)
of the E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine»
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
SE «Atomenergomash» of the SE NNEGC «Energoatom»
71503, Energodar, Zaporizhzhia Region, Ukraine. PO Box 306. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The high-pressure heaters are the fundamentally necessary links of the second circuit of power units of nuclear power plants with light-water WWER-type reactors. They represent single-plane or two-plane pipe spirals of carbon steel. The paper presents the results of selection and mastering the mechanized welding technology for applying in the manufacture and restoration repair of high-pressure heaters. 20 Ref., 2 Figures.
high-pressure heaters, spirals of high-pressure heaters, automatic welding, consumable electrode, electrode wire, mixture of shielding gases, technological equipment, rotary joints of pipelines, welding rotator
- Efimov, O.V., Pylypenko, M.M., Potanina, T.V. et al. (2017) Reactors and steam generators of power generating units of NPP: schemes, processes, materials, structures, models. Ed. by O.V. Efimov. Kharkiv, TOV «V spravi» [in Ukrainian].
- Buongiomo, J. (2010) PWR Description. Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Voronin, L.M. (1980) Peculiarities of design and construction of NPP. Moscow, Atomizdat [in Russian].
- (2003) P-45-3: Regulations of arrangement and safe operation of steam and hot water line for facilities of nuclear power consumption. Moscow, NTTs YaRB Gosatomnadzor Rossii [in Russian].
- Marushkin, V.M., Ivashchenko, S.S., Vakulenko, B.F. (1985) High-pressure heaters of TPP and NPP turbo installations. Moscow, Energoatomizdat [in Russian].
- Troitsky, V.A. (2006) Concise manual on quality control of welded joints. Kiev, Feniks.
- Bukarov, V.A. (2002) Technology of automatic arc shieldedgas welding. In: Welding in nuclear industry and engineering: Transact. NIKIMT, Vol. 1, 149–210 [in Russian].
- Ishchenko, Yu.S. (2002) Physical-technological fundamentals of weld formation in arc welding process. Ibid., Vol. 2, 204–240 [in Russian].
- Makhlin, N.M., Korotynsky, A.E., Bogdanovsky, V.A. et al. (2011) Single- and multioperator systems for automatic welding of position butt joints of nuclear power plant piping. The Paton Welding J., 11, 28–36.
- Savitsky, M.M., Kushnirenko, B.M., Olejnik, O.I. (1999) Peculiarities of tungsten electrode welding of steels with activating fluxes (ATIG-process). Svarka, 12, 20–28 [in Russian].
- Bajic, D.R., Savitsky, M.M., Melnichuk, G.M. et al. (2002) A-TIG welding of structural steels for power engineering applications. The Paton Welding J., 9, 30–34.
- Bajic, D.R., Melnichuk, G.M., Lupan, A.F. et al. (2002) Procedure and parameters of A-TIG welding of structural steels. , 10, 31–34.
- Gordon, J.R. (1995) Perspectives on welding research and development in the USA. Review Int., 9, 95–108.
- Stankevich, I.Ya., Dmitriev, V.I., Korida, V.L. et al. (1982) Application of activating flux in automatic welding of pipelines. Energeticheskoe Stroitelstvo, 10, 19–20 [in Russian].
- Potapievsky, A.G. (1974) Consumable electrode shielded-gas welding. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
- Kononenko, V.Ya. (2007) Consumable and nonconsumable electrode shielded-gas welding. Kiev, TOV Nika-Print [in Russian].
- Svetsinsky, V.G., Rimsky, S.T., Galinich, V.I. (1994) Welding of steels in shielding gas mixtures on argon base in industry of Ukraine. Svarka, 4, 41–44 [in Russian].
- Rimsky, S.T., Svetsinsky, V.G., Shejko, P.P. et al. (1993) Consumable electrode pulsed arc welding in mixture of argon with carbon-dioxide gas. Ibid., 2, 38–41 [in Russian].
- Aichele, G. (1990) Use of the pulsed technique–active gas metal–arc welding. Schweissen und Schneiden, 4, E62–E63.
- Lobanov, L.M., Vodolazsky, V.E., Makhlin, N.M., Korotynsky, O.E. et al. (2017) Horizontal manipulator for arc welding of tubular structure parts. Ukraine, Applic. A2017 11752 [in Ukrainian].