TPWJ, 2018, #8, 7-12 pages
Fatigue resistance of welded elements of freight cars of a new design made from steels of S345 and S390 strength grade
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #8, 2018 (August)
A.G. Rejdemejster1, V.A. Kalashnik1, V.V. Knysh2 and S.A. Solovej2
Acad. V. Lazaryan Dnipropetrovsk National University of Railway Transport
2 Lazaryan Str., 49010, Dnepr, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The paper presents the results of experimental-calculation studies of fatigue resistance of full-scale samples of the bolster assembly and side wall rack sealing assembly of a gondola car of 12-4106-01 model. It is found that their operating life is determined by fatigue resistance of welded joints of structural elements of the assemblies. Their fatigue strength is equal from 12.1 MPa (side wall rack sealing assembly) up to 33.6 MPa (bolster assembly). Sections of fatigue cracks initiation, regularities of their propagation and fatigue limit of the structure were established. As shown by calculation of the car body stressed state, the fatigue limit values ensure operation for 34.1 and 57.0 years for the bolster assembly and side wall rack sealing assembly, respectively, before appearance of the fatigue crack. 9 Ref., 2 Tables, 8 Figures.
welded elements of freight cars, bolster assembly, side wall rack sealing assembly, fatigue resistance, stressed state
- Bityutsky, A.A. (2009) Analysis of development of methods for evaluation of fatigue strength of load-carrying structures of freight car bodies. In: Study of fatigue strength of assemblies and selection of parameters of new freight cars: Transact. by A.A. Bityutsky. St.-Petersburg, Inzhenerny Tsentr Vagonostroeniya, 7, 6–13 [in Russian].
- Khilov, I.A., Afanasiev, A.E. (2009) Selection of parameters of side wall rack sealing assembly of a gondola car. Ibid., 7, 34–43 [in Russian].
- Bityutsky, A.A., Afanasiev, A.E. (2009) Study of fatigue strength of side wall rack sealing assemblies of new design of a gondola car body. Ibid.,7, 54–61 [in Russian].
- Plotkin, V.S., Druzhinin, S.S., Chentsov, E.I. (1978) Study of fatigue strength of wall sealing assemblies of 4-axle all-metal gondola cars. In: of VNIIV, 35, 21–26 [in Russian].
- (2016) GOST 33211–2014: Freight cars. Requirements to strength and running characteristics. Moscow, Standartinform [in Russian].
- (1983) Norms for calculation and design of new and modernized cars (non self-propelled) of 1520 mm track railways of the Ministry of Railroads. Moscow, GosNIIV-VNIIZhT [in Russian].
- (1996) Norms for calculation and design of cars (non self-propelled) of 1520 mm track railways of Ministry of railroads. Moscow, GosNIIV-VNIIZhT [in Russian].
- RD 24.050.37–95: Freight and passenger cars. methods of testing for strength and running characteristics [in Russian].
- (2017) Gondola car of 12-4106-01 model. Program and procedure of testing of service life of the bolster assembly and side wall rack sealing assembly of a gondola car. PM 100-17/Its [in Russian].