TPWJ, 2018, #10, 22-25 pages
Peculiarities of technology of repair welding of hpp turbounits after long-term operation
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #10, 2018 (December)
, A.K. Tsaryuk1
, N.I. Dunaevska2
and V.A. Peretyatko3
E.O. Paton Electric Welding Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
11 Kazimir Malevich Str., 03150, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Coal Energy Technology Institute of the NAS of Ukraine
19 Andriivska Str., 04070, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
PJSC SEC «Centrenergo»
120/4e, Kazatska Str., 03680, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail: email@example.com
Long-term operation of turbine equipment promotes formation of cracks in the casings of valves, cylinders and steam lines under effect of various factors. Their appearance is caused to the significant extent by deterioration of structure and mechanical properties of metal. Aim of the work is the analysis of possibility to take into account the state of metal in a damaged part in the technology of repair welding for providing a reliable operation of welded joint. Review of literature showed that modem technologies of repair welding envisage technological measures for prevention of cold crack formation, but do not account for deterioration of base metal state and its effect on workability of the welded joint. Removal of damages in turbine equipment components after long-term operation require development of new technologies of repair welding using additional technological measures of thermal and deformation influence. 24 Ref., 1 Table, 2 Figures
components of turbine equipment, cracks, heat-resistant steel, structure, metal state, welding repair technology, technological measures
1. Chernousenko, O.Yu. (2013) Damage and residual service life of the CVD and CSD stop valves of the K-800-240 steam turbine at the Slavyansk TES. Visnyk NTU KhPI. Series: Power and heat engineering processes and equipment, 986(12), 100–106 [in Russian].
2. Izrailev, Yu.L., Khromchenko, F.A., Livansky, A.P. et al. (2002) The persistence of the steam pipes of aging thermal power plants. Ed. by Yu.L. Israilev and F.A. Khromchenko. Moscow: Torus Press [in Russian].
3. Khromchenko, F.A. (2003) Service life of welded joints of steam pipelines. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
4. Kushnarenko, V.M., Kandyba, N.E., Stepanov, E.P. et al. (2003) Analysis of damageability of steam generating equipment of TPP. Vestnik OGU, 6, 177–182 [in Russian].
5. Makarov, E.L. (1981) Cold cracks in welding of alloy steels. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
6. Gladshtein, V. I. (2014) Microdamage of metal of high-temperature parts of power equipment. Moscow, Mashinostroenie [in Russian].
7. Dmitrik, V.V., Glushko, A.V., Grigorenko, S.G. (2016) Features of pore formation in welded joints of steam lines in long-term operation. The Paton Welding J., 9, 51–54.
8. Kotrechko, S.A., Meshkov, Yu.Ya., Televich, R.V. (2004) The microstructure parameters controlling the brittle strength of low-carbon steels with the structure of tempering martensite. Metallofizika i Novejshie Tekhnologii, 26(1), 435–456 [in Russian].
9. Panteleenko, F.I., Snarsky, A.S., Krylenko, A.V. (2012) Features of the structure degradation and mechanical properties of the elements of the furnace and heat-power equipment components after long-term operation. Nauka i Tekhnika, 1, 16–20 [in Russian].
10. OST 108.96І.02–79: Castings of carbon and alloy steels for parts of steam stationary turbines with guaranteed strength characteristics at high temperatures. Specifications.
11. MPE Ukraine (2004) Metal control and life extension of the main components of boilers, turbines and pipelines of thermal power plants. In: Standard instruction: SOU-N MPE 40.17.401:2004 [in Ukrainian].
12. (2018) Rules of labor protection during equipment operation under pressure. Order of the Ministry of social policy of Ukraine, 05 March 2018, No. 333. NPAOP 0.00-1.81-18 [in Ukrainian].
13. Welding, heat treatment and control of pipe systems of boilers and pipelines during installation and repair of equipment of thermal power plants. Min. energy of the USSR. RD 34.17.101-89 (RD 34.15.027–89) [in Ukrainian].
14. Pokhodnya, I.K., Yavdoshchin, I.R., Paltsevich, A.P. et al. (2004) Metallurgy of arc welding. Interaction of metal with gases. Ed. by I.K. Pokhodnya. Kiev, Naukova Dumka [in Russian].
15. Anokhov, A.E., Korolkov, P.M. (2003) Welding and heat treatment of casing power equipment during repair. Kiev, Ekotekhnologiya [in Russian].
16. Khromchenko, F.A. (2005) Welding technologies for repair works. Moscow, Intermet Engineering [in Russian].
17. Zemzin, V.N., Bagramova, T.I., Titiner, Z.K. et al. (1974) Use of high-nickel electrodes for welding-up of defects in cast housing parts of steam turbines. Leningrad, LDNTP [in Russian].
18. (2013) NPO TsKTI 10.049–2013: Elimination of defects in cast parts of power equipment with the use of welding without subsequent heat treatment: Guidelines [in Russian].
19. Lipodaev, V.N., Snisar, V.V., Elagin, V.P. et al. (1991) Features of brittle fracture of dissimilar welded joint with high-nickel weld metal. Avtomaticheskaya Svarka, 10, 6–9 [in Russian].
20. Efimenko, N.G., Atozhenko, O.Yu., Vavilov, A.V. et al. (2014) Structure and properties of welded joints of 15Kh1M1FL steel at repair of casting defects by transverse hill method. The Paton Welding J., 2, 42–46. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2014.02.06
21. Tsaryuk, A.K., Ivanenko, V.D., Skulsky, V.Yu. et al. (2012) Technology of repair welding of boiler unit assemblies without postweld heat treatment. The Paton Welding J., 9, 37–42.
22. Aloraierd, A. Al-Maznoueed, А., Price, J.W.H., Shehata, T. (2010) Weld repair practices without post weld heat treatment for ferritic alloys and their consequences on residual stresses: Review. Int. J. of Pressure Vessels and Piping, 87, 127–133. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpvp.2010.02.001
23. Som Dutt Sharma, S.D, Saluja, R., Moeed, K.M. (2013) A review on effect of preheating and/or post weld heat treatment (PWHT) on hardened steel. Int. J. of Technical Research and Applications, (1–2), 5–7.
24. Delamarian, C. (1998) Manual for maintenance and retrofit of conventional power plants. Timisoara, Editura Sudura. Publishing House of the Romanian Welding Society.