TPWJ, 2019, #4, 27-32 pages
Journal The Paton Welding Journal
Publisher International Association «Welding»
ISSN 0957-798X (print)
Issue #4, 2019 (April)
Repair of screws of extruders and automatic molding machines by pTA surfacing
Plasma-Master Ltd Company
3 Krzhyzhanovskogo Str., 03142, Kyiv, Ukraine. E-mail:email@example.com
The peculiarities of formation of a bead on narrow tip of screw flight in PTA surfacing were investigated. It is shown how a shape of deposited bead depends on its section and main technological parameters of surfacing, i.e. arc current, surfacing speed and PTA torch zenith displacement. The nomograms for selection of surfacing mode parameters were proposed. Equipment and consumables used for surfacing are also described. Repair of screws of extruders and automatic molding machines using PTA surfacing allows repairing these parts as well as 3–5 times increasing their service life in comparison with new nitrated screws. 11 Ref., 13 Figures.
PTA surfacing, screws of extruders and automatic molding machines, narrow tip, bead formation, surfacing parameters, equipment and consumables
1. Luelsdorf, P. (1975) Verschleissprobleme mit Zylinder und Schnecke beim Extrudieren. Reilloy-Bericht, 4, 1-8 [in German].
2. (1977) Plasma arc weld surfacing - new route to hardfacing screws. Plastics Technology, 23(10), 17-19.
3. Frumin, I.I., Som, A.I., Gladky, P.V. (1981) Plasma surfacing of screw extruders of polymer machines. In: Theoretical and technological principles of surfacing. Surfacing in machine-building and repair: Transact. Kiev, PWI, 13-21 [in Russian].
4. Som, A.I., Gladky, P.V., Pereplyotchikov, E.F. (1985) Increase of service life of extruders by plasma surfacing. In: Surfacing. Experience and efficiency of application. Kiev, PWI. 89-93 [in Russian].
5. Gorka, J., Czuprynski, A., Kik, T., Melcer, M. (2011) Przemyslowe aplikacje napawania plazmowego proszko-wego. Przeglad Spawalnictwa, 9, 87-94 [in Polish]. https://doi.org/10.26628/ps.v83i9.514
6. Som, A.I., Gladky, P.W. ( 1984) Peculiarities of plasma surfacing on narrow substrate. In: New processes of surfacing, properties of deposited metal and transition zone. Kiev, PWI, 20-24 [in Russian].
7. Emelyanov, I.A. (1972) Influence of forces of surface tension and external pressure on shape of deposited bead surface. In: Transact. of LIVT Tekhnologiya Sudostroeniya i Remonta, 135, 135-145 [in Russian].
8. Yakobashvili, S.B. (1974) Influence of forces of surface tension and external pressure on shape of deposited bead surface. Welding processes in metallurgy. Tbilisi, Metsniereba, 1, 89-99 [in Russian].
9. Som, A.I., Gladky, P.V., Pereplyotchikov, E.F. (1983) New wear-resistant alloy for plasma surfacing. In: Theoretical and technological principles of surfacing. Surfacing consumables. Kiev, PWI, 7-11 [in Russian].
10. Som, A.I. (2016) Iron-based alloy for PTA surfacing of screw conveyors of extruders and injection molding machines. The Paton Welding J., 7, 21-25. https://doi.org/10.15407/tpwj2016.07.04
11. Gladky, P.V., Pereplyotchikov, E.F., Ryabtsev, I.A. (2007) Plasma surfacing. Kiev, Ekotekhnologiya [in Russian].